Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Experience with Priority Pass Lounge at PHX?

Old Aug 21, 2016, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold

According to the PP app, The Club Lounge in Terminal 4 is only open to people with flights departing from T4. Does anyone have any experience with gaining access using PP Select and flying out of a different Terminal? This assumes that TSA would let you into T4 as I don't see any way to get between terminals post security.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
It's hit or miss with TSA at T4. I often use the AA club on the north side while flying WN on the south side. Always get asked if I know I'm at the "wrong" checkpoint, but only once had a problem. The B checkpoint is closest to "The Club," but all T4 checkpoints can get you there.

You are correct that you must go landside to change terminals, so leave 30-60 minutes to take the train to T2/T3 and reclear security.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Not easy

Originally Posted by Flaneurs
According to the PP app, The Club Lounge in Terminal 4 is only open to people with flights departing from T4. Does anyone have any experience with gaining access using PP Select and flying out of a different Terminal? This assumes that TSA would let you into T4 as I don't see any way to get between terminals post security.
You are correct: T4 does not possess any airside links to T3 or T2.

Therefore, you would need to:

- process through PHX TSA in T4,
- then visit the lounge,
- then exit T4,
- transit to T3 or T2,
- process through TSA again,
- then board your flight.

Given the well-earned reputation of TSA at PHX, you might want to avoid unnecessarily having to interact with them twice in one day.

Furthermore, the T4 to T3/T2 trek is not insignificant. In the summer, you will work off quite a few calories doing that journey.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Points all well taken. Thanks for the help.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.