Search

Romantic Getaway

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
Romantic Getaway

Hi Guys,

I absolutely LOVE the SW, I have been to CO, AZ, UT, and NM numerous times, and I keep coming back! I want to take my Gf there for a romantic getaway. The tickets are really cheap into DEN from ORD, but I am having trouble finding a lodge/resort/luxury lodging for around 150/night. I would like this to be in the mountains or at least with a beautiful view of mountains/lakes.

Can you PLEASE recommend me something?

Thank you FT!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
It's prime ski season, so prices are going to be high.

Look into Breckinridge. A relatively short drive from Denver, but a really pleasant town. Be aware the drive back to Denver on Sunday afternoon/evening can be very slow.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott
What do you guys think of this place ?

http://www.gardenofthegodsclub.com
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:57 pm

My sister in law lives in Denver. When my wife goes to visit, they always go to Glenwood Hot Spring for R&R. If your GF likes hot spring, it is a good place to go.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Estes Park might be nice. Another enjoyable town.

http://www.stanleyhotel.com/

Remember,

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Need
My sister in law lives in Denver. When my wife goes to visit, they always go to Glenwood Hot Spring for R&R. If your GF likes hot spring, it is a good place to go.
Glenwood hot springs is lovely. Amtrak runs a daily service each way and it can be fairly reasonable if you book in advance. Hotel Denver is recommended. I'm pretty sure the train stops in Grand Junction for Colorado wineries and Colorado National Monument, which is REALLY cool and unlike anything you're likely to see in Chicago. My girlfriend and I did a horseback ride for half a day which was a lot of fun.

Manitou Springs (Near Colorado Springs) is also lovely...Lots of funky little shops and, of course, the Pikes Peak railway is fun. The Cliff House is recommended for lodging. The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs is also a lot of fun. I've only stayed in the Fall, but the thing about Colorado is you can get 60 degree days in the middle of winter, or it could be 10 below.

I may have missed it, but how much time do you have? What time of year would you be going? What do you like to do? What is your budget?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:14 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by djmagnum
What do you guys think of this place ?

http://www.gardenofthegodsclub.com
While I can't speak to the rooms, there are some absolutely killer views, and the Sunday brunch, while pricey, is lovely and lavish and with wonderful views.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.