Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

What to see/do in Albuquerque & Santa Fe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to see/do in Albuquerque & Santa Fe?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flying into Albuquerque tomorrow and then driving to santa fe for 2 nights. Any must see things to do? It's my 1st trip there.
Also. ..I am a chicken driver. ..I don't like narrow or winding mountain roads or bridges. I am best off making my friend do the driving from the airport to santa fe?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:27 am

It's all interstate from airport to Sana Fe. There is only one giant hill, La Bahada, you'll have to step on the gas to get up it but that is about it.

There is the Loretto chapel and city center area.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 9:52 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by corky
Flying into Albuquerque tomorrow and then driving to santa fe for 2 nights. Any must see things to do?
Haven't gone, plan to go: Georgia O'keeffe Museum, Santa Fe

I'm also interested in the Hot Air Balloon museum in Albuquerque.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Haven't gone, plan to go: Georgia O'keeffe Museum, Santa Fe

I'm also interested in the Hot Air Balloon museum in Albuquerque.
The Tinkertown museum in Sandia Park is a really charming bit of eccentric Americana, well worth an hour or two.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:12 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by ajGoes
The Tinkertown museum in Sandia Park is a really charming bit of eccentric Americana, well worth an hour or two.
I'm glad to read that, as it is on my list. It made someone's top 10 list of small museums in the US.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was pretty disappointed with the Georgia O'Keefe museum. It was very small and had only a few of her paintings and not the good ones. It was more just showing about her life (photo of her kitchen, bookcase etc.).
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by corky
I was pretty disappointed with the Georgia O'Keefe museum. It was very small and had only a few of her paintings and not the good ones. It was more just showing about her life (photo of her kitchen, bookcase etc.).
Did you find anything of interest to see or do in Santa Fe?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shenon1
Did you find anything of interest to see or do in Santa Fe?
Yes---loved the galleries (there are zillions of them) and general shopping. visited St Francis of Assisi church..very old and beautiful. Awesome restaurants and just the overall charm of the city. The leaves were changing color and the days were bright and sunny. I loved it. Canyon Road...the Plaza.
Highly recommend our hotel. It was a Starwood property. La Posada de Santa Fe. One of the nice things was they have a free shuttle that would take you just about anywhere...just a phone call and they would pick you up and take you somewhere else. It was like having a private limo service and the grounds of the hotel were beautiful. Plus it was a short walk to the Plaza.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.