Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ABQ Widebody Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2010, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

ABQ Widebody Service

I was wondering did ABQ airport ever have commercial 747 or 777 service overseas as the runway is pretty long and I did see a 747 parked on the side. What overseas did ABQ have before 9/11?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Nothing overseas that I've ever known of. The runway is shared with Kirtland Air Force Base, possibly a contributing factor to its length.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by silverthief2
The runway is shared with Kirtland Air Force Base, possibly a contributing factor to its length.
Also, it's altitude. It can get pretty hot in the summer, and runway length is the only factor that prevents flight cancellations or reduced weight requirements for takeoff.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I seem to remember that TWA ran a daily widebody (probably L1011) to ABQ from STL during the 80's and 90's. It's also possible that EA (Eastern) and/or AA may have occasionally run widebodies into ABQ (DC-10 or L-1011).

UPDATE: The TWA widebody service is mentioned in the same airliners.net thread as ABQ concourse C (http://tinyurl.com/ylos94g).

Last edited by formeraa; Apr 22, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.