Search

Air Canada as Velocity Gold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:39 pm
J90
Original Poster

Air Canada as Velocity Gold

Hi All,

Just wanting to know your experiences travelling with Air Canada as a Velocity Gold member?

I will be in Canada in June and have approx 7 flights with AC. Can anyone confirm it's easy to access lounges as Velocity Gold without issue? Are staff fully across the partnership?

Some of my flights are in Domestic economy, so will need to bring bags. Do Velocity Gold get any free baggage or we must pay?

Appreciate you sharing your experiences!

Cheers,
J
Old Feb 9, 2024, 4:07 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I haven't done this yet myself but I do have quite a few Air Canada flights coming up this year as VA Platinum so I will be interested to hear your experiences.

I've heard that most places are not fully across the partnership except for YVR because that's where the Australia flights depart/arrive. So you may want to come armed with some pages from Air Canada's website printed out.

I believe you get lounge access and no other benefits (according to this page https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...ship#aircanada) - same for platinum.

Do you have any flights on Jazz or Rouge? I believe they will earn miles but I can't find any positive verification of this. Here's the earning chart : https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.co...nes/air-canada

Do report back after your trip.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 12:57 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I have accessed AC MLL YVR Transborder as VA Platinum and got in without issue. They will need to search up the rules as it's a rare card to pull out for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.