Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KF Gold benefit on Econ Lite fare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2023, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

KF Gold benefit on Econ Lite fare

I bought a cheap econ lite fare from SYD-HBA and HBA-ADL next month.

According to https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/a...-alliance-faq/
Access the Virgin Australia lounge when departing on flights operated by Virgin Australia.
Increased check in baggage allowance- Virgin Australia stand alone domestic and short haul international services: Check in one complimentary piece up to 32kg.

I'm wondering if anyone here has first hand experience on being able to check in a free bag with VA Econ Lite fare as a Krisflyer Gold?
I don't plan on checking in bag, but considering the carryon limit is only 7kg, I most likely will go over this weight and forced to check in my bag.

Last edited by dmk11; Oct 21, 2023 at 12:30 am
Old Oct 25, 2023, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by dmk11
I bought a cheap econ lite fare from SYD-HBA and HBA-ADL next month.

According to https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/a...-alliance-faq/
Access the Virgin Australia lounge when departing on flights operated by Virgin Australia.
Increased check in baggage allowance- Virgin Australia stand alone domestic and short haul international services: Check in one complimentary piece up to 32kg.

I'm wondering if anyone here has first hand experience on being able to check in a free bag with VA Econ Lite fare as a Krisflyer Gold?
I don't plan on checking in bag, but considering the carryon limit is only 7kg, I most likely will go over this weight and forced to check in my bag.
If you have a standard rollaboard and a personal item (such as a small backpack), you can generally take them onboard.

Note there is no VA lounge at Hobart.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 10:48 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Diamond
The VA T&C sadly say that additional checked luggage allowance with status doesn't apply to the Lite fares, so no checked bag. Similarly to other lite fares (like BA).
Buy a bag in advance I suppose, as at the airport they'll charge more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.