Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVOC Bike Bag on Virgin Austrlia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2023, 9:32 am
Original Poster

EVOC Bike Bag on Virgin Austrlia

In October I'm going to be flying from the Gold Coast to Adelaide return. I'll be travelling with my bike which I pack in an EVOC bike (soft) bag (see photo below). When reading Virgin's rules, they state a bike must be in a "hard or soft manufactured bike box". Does an EVOC bike bag qualify as a "soft manufactured box"? Has anyone flown on VA with an EVOC bike bag without issue? I ask only because of a bad experience in the past: In 2019 I went to Maui on Air Canada with my EVOC bag with no issue, but when I then flew on Hawaiian to Honolulu a week later they refused to take it as Hawaiian only accepts hard shell bike bags, and only would accept it after signing a damage waiver. I called VA and spoke to an agent to get clarification, only for the agent to simply read the policy to me.

Thank you in advance,

Mark Kudryk
Calgary, Canada
Old Jul 14, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: VA Gold
I have flown with one, no issues. You should be fine.
King Chung Huang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.