Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan 50K Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2023, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
Aeroplan 50K Benefits

Does anyone know if Aeroplan 50K gets priority check-in and/or an extra free checked bag with VA? I know it includes access to the VA lounges, but not sure about any other premium/priority benefits.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Unfortunately not.

This from Air Canada "Star Alliance TM Gold and Silver Benefits are not extended by Virgin Australia."
Old Feb 11, 2023, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K
Ah damn. Weird that VAs partnership with UA seem to give their gold members priority benefits, but their partnership with AC doesn't. Will settle with lounge access and buying an extra bag online before check-in if needed!
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Not weird. VA negotiate with each airline and see a strategic advantage in reciprocal benefits with a US based carrier. First it was DL now UA. They do also have similar tie ups with other carriers such as SQ but it is case by case and based on where VA sees meeting the needs of business travellers to pry them away from QF.

at this moment, they are not a member of star alliance.

KF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.