Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

No Virgin Australia Lounge at Sydney International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!

Switched from Fiji Airways to Virgin Australia to go to Fiji as we are travelling with mate of my husband's (fishing buddy as I read and sit by the pool) and just found out they have no lounge at Sydney International or reciprocal lounge. Same at Nadi airport too.

I've done a bit of investigating but I am no expert. Are there any lounges you can get to using a credit card.

Does anybody have any ideas. The airport at Nadi is a sardine tin so if there was anyway to get in to a lounge would be great. Unbelievable Virgin.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Assume you are flying business class
https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...international/

-->https://www.sydneyairport.com.au/inf...ine-lounges-t1
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
The issue seems to be that despite international flights ramping up(?) VA international lounge rains closed at SYD and I think also MEL? . Not great. They say we are assessing!!
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Thanks for info as pay as you go. I stupidly didn't think to look at the airport website. I was googling and couldn't find anything.

I am flying business but was told there was NO arrangements with other airlines.

I read this on the website...
"Lounge access is available when travelling on a United Airlines operated flight as part of an international itinerary and the lounge is owned and operated by United Airlines:

Which to me means that I am on Virgin and not on UA so I cannot use their lounge? Is that right?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nivsy
The issue seems to be that despite international flights ramping up(?) VA international lounge rains closed at SYD and I think also MEL? . Not great. They say we are assessing!!
Cost cutting. I cannot believe they don't have another arrangement with another airline. THere's only 8 business passengers on our international flight.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Life is grim

What happened?

The owner of this website (www.plazapremiumlounge.com) has banned you temporarily from accessing this website.

lol
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Recently flew from DPS same issue, there was no lounge access for J. There is a single third party lounge open in DPS that VA isn’t paying for access too, even JQ is paying to use it.

VA didn’t have its own lounges in SYD/MEL, they used contract lounges that were operated by No1 who used ex EH lounges.

In BNE they used another contract lounge, well it was more an box in the departure gates operated by No1 lounges.

There sole International Lounge was in WLG, which closed in 2022.

There are pay lounges in BNE/SYD/MEL that VA could use, but seem to not be doing so.

VA international lounge network, got hit hard years back when they broke up with NZ (or NZ more dumped them).

Pre breakup VA used NZ’s BNE/SYD/MEL lounges.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sat with the plebs in Sydney but in Fiji we paid $99 Fiji dollars a person to go in to the Fiji Airways lounge.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:43 am

Fairly big status match promo going on with VA. If they keep lounges closed or don't provide fast tracking lanes that ain't going to impress potential "swappers" much.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Fairly big status match promo going on with VA. If they keep lounges closed or don't provide fast tracking lanes that ain't going to impress potential "swappers" much.
Exactly. We only went Virgin as friends came with us and they wanted to fly as cheap as possible. We are switching back to Fiji Airways for the above reasons. No lounge, no tvs and no blankets!!!!!!!
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Exactly. We only went Virgin as friends came with us and they wanted to fly as cheap as possible. We are switching back to Fiji Airways for the above reasons. No lounge, no tvs and no blankets!!!!!!!
The Fiji Max 737 biz class looks nice actually, I agree. Imagine the 350 to be even better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.