Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

lengthy delays on refunds and delayed notification of flight changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest

Due to changes in the flight schedule, I requested and was promised a refund two weeks ago on a MEL-ZQN flight. I was told it would take 3 to 5 business days to process. I called back a week later and was told I should receive it any day. Another week has passed and no refund yet, except now I'm being told that due to a backlog in processing refunds, it could take another 7-10 business days or more. I feel like my money is being held hostage! To add insult to injury, the airline didn't even notify me of the flight schedule change until a week after I discovered it myself. This is no way to run an airline
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Time to contact Airline Customer Advocate (ACA)
The ACA are very used to dealing with VA.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
If paid by CC I would suggest a chargeback and then let the CC company sort it out.

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Time to contact Airline Customer Advocate (ACA)
The ACA are very used to dealing with VA.
Yes, very used to dealing with VA since VA, along with other AU airlines, fund ACA. Unfortunately Australia lacks true oversight of the airline industry. The airlines have created ACA to pretend that one exists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.