Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J seats on a 332?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
J seats on a 332?

Two of us will be taking our first Virgin Australia flight in December, (flight 83, SYD-HKG) on a 332.
We are looking at seats 1D &1 G, the middle pair; we understand that there is a divider that can be lowered.

Is this a plane where the bulkhead row in J has wider foot wells than the seats that are behind other seats?
Is the total length shorter because the feet are not tucked into the seat in front?

Anything else that we should know?

And now for the *really* important information: Does VA carry Coca Cola products?
Or is VA a "Pepsi" outift? Or is there a different cola brand down under?

We've read some great reviews of these seats on SeatGuru... hope that is reasonably accurate!

To complete the "travel picture", we'll be arriving in Sydney on a 14 day cruise from Auckland.
First time in that part of the world, and we are *very* excited about this trip, although the travel time is a bit daunting...

Many thanks.

GC
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: QF, VA, HH
The seats on VA's 332 are terrific - you'll enjoy the ride.

Nobody serves Pepsi in Australia - except for KFC.

Pretty sure the footwells are no wider and the total length is no shorter than any of the other seats in J.

Enjoy Sydney.
shuuy likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by alyopsis
The seats on VA's 332 are terrific - you'll enjoy the ride.

Nobody serves Pepsi in Australia - except for KFC.

Pretty sure the footwells are no wider and the total length is no shorter than any of the other seats in J.

Enjoy Sydney.
Thanks very much.

If there is no difference in the foot well space, might we be better off in row 2, slightly further back from any galley noise/lighting? (In general that sort of thing has *not* been a problem for us, but I don't think we've ever been near a particularly busy/noisy galley.)

And I forgot to ask: What lounge access would be best if we arrive extra early (which we ordinarily try to do these days)? In addition to whatever VA J gets us, we've got Amex Plat (and through that, Priority Pass).

Many thanks, again.

GC
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: QF, VA, HH
You probably would be better off with some distance between you and the galley noise

As for lounge access, if you are flying domestic, Priority Pass options are limited in Australia but there are decent Virgin Lounges for J passengers in the domestic terminals. If flying international, VA J passengers use The House lounges in both Sydney and Melbourne and the brand new My Lounge in Brisbane. There are also Plaza Premiums in BNE and MEL for Priority Pass members and the Sky Team lounge in Sydney. Personally, I'd stick with The House lounges.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alyopsis
You probably would be better off with some distance between you and the galley noise

As for lounge access, if you are flying domestic, Priority Pass options are limited in Australia but there are decent Virgin Lounges for J passengers in the domestic terminals. If flying international, VA J passengers use The House lounges in both Sydney and Melbourne and the brand new My Lounge in Brisbane. There are also Plaza Premiums in BNE and MEL for Priority Pass members and the Sky Team lounge in Sydney. Personally, I'd stick with The House lounges.
(I think I forgot to "post" the "preview" of my reply to this...or the Computer Gremlins got it!)

Sorry - I should have mentioned it's an international flight for a connection at HKG.
And it's a daytime flight, so light or minor noise would be less of a problem, although of course we'll try to sleep.
(Well, DH will probably be "back to work"...)

Thanks.

GC
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
The House is VAs lounge at Sydney international.
shuuy likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:39 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
There is an Amex Lounge at SYD. It’s small and can get crowded but the food is decent at breakfast time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.