Search

Easy way to get 72 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Easy way to get 72 miles?

Mods, please merge if there is a similar thread. My search skills are lacking as I don't usually frequent this forum.

I am 72 miles short for an award redemption that would zero out my account. Is there anything I can sign up for that would make up those missing miles?

It looks like I can buy 500 miles for $18. So that is my alternative, but then I'll have leftover miles again.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You could buy a Skybus ticket for AUD18 and get 100 Velocity Points - points normally credit within a day. (https://www.skybus.com.au/melbourne-...s/buy-tickets/)

These (email/barcode) ticket could be onsold on Gumtree for maybe $10-$13.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Are you sure you are asking about Velocity points? Your location (Toronto) and terminology (miles) seem like red flags.

If you are in the right place, I second the suggestion above. Skybus posts quickly (you don't have to take the bus, just buy a ticket), and you have something afterwards you may be able to barter or sell.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Are you sure you are asking about Velocity points? Your location (Toronto) and terminology (miles) seem like red flags.

If you are in the right place, I second the suggestion above. Skybus posts quickly (you don't have to take the bus, just buy a ticket), and you have something afterwards you may be able to barter or sell.
My bad. You are correct, they are points and not miles. I have 15,258 orphaned points (accumulated from some SA flights and fuel purchases while down under) and was looking to book inter-Australia flights where I would need 15,600 points. Looks like I copied the number down incorrectly as I am short 342 points. Guess I should just buy 500 for $18. Thanks for the suggestions!
CPMaverick likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.