Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

how do you book USA domestic flights on velocity website ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 6:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

use Qantas points all the time for USA domestic flights online, but can't seem to do it on velocity site. It seems to only want to let me book a USA to some other country online.

Do I have to phone up & be on hold for 1/2 hour?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Firstly, try to search from the USA portal:

https://www.virginaustralia.com/us/e...ake-a-booking/ (Not sure this is really needed)

Select "Use Points + Pay"

Enter "From" airport.

In the upper right of the "Where are you going to?" dropdown box, select "Include Velocity Reward Seat & Any Seat destinations" .

Select "North America" then enter you destination.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Firstly, try to search from the USA portal:

https://www.virginaustralia.com/us/e...ake-a-booking/ (Not sure this is really needed)

Select "Use Points + Pay"

Enter "From" airport.

In the upper right of the "Where are you going to?" dropdown box, select "Include Velocity Reward Seat & Any Seat destinations" .

Select "North America" then enter you destination.
thanks

Looking at LAX/DEN & flight number is DL2751 & strangely the flight I'm looking at to return is exactly the same flight umber DL2751.

Always thought that flights going in totally different directions, ie. opposite had different flight numbers.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I have seen the same flight number being used in both directions for a city-pair a lot in the USA.

I guess is doubles the possibilities.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
I have seen the same flight number being used in both directions for a city-pair a lot in the USA.
Delta started doing this about 5 years ago. I’m not really sure why. Maybe they were running out of flight numbers post merger with Northwest. During IROPS you can have two flights with the same number in the air.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:51 pm

A lot of the underlying booking engines and fleet management systems only support four numbers (for a total of six when include the carrier code). With additional flights and more code shares the flight numbers are running out.

On the air traffic control side this year they started supporting characters in their call signs (which were usually airline call sign followed by the digits of the flight number). This was more safety driven to stop two airlines having the same number in the same air space at the same time (Delta 123 and Speedbird 123) and also transpositions within the same airline (Delta 419 and Delta 491). This has come out of safety findings, where pilots followed instructions for other planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.