Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Lounge Access SYD Scoot Transit to BNE SQ Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold, IHG Spire

Hello,

I would like to know how would this work if I get a Scoot ticket from SIN to SYD to BNE where the last leg is by Virgin Australia and the ticket is by scoot, will I get domestic lounge access as I have a SQ KrisFlyer Gold membership since it is a weird combo. I know I will get it if I fly in via SQ.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:34 pm

Yes you will get Gold Perks on the VA operated flight. This includes lounge access, priority check-in, boarding, and baggage.

Attaching your Gold frequent flyer number might be more difficult and might involve a prior call to Virgin Australia.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by studioboss
a Scoot ticket from SIN to SYD to BNE
You know that Scoot is gone, it's all Tiger Airways now? Complete with Tiger's erratic ontime performance and infamous customer service. But it's ok as long as you don't need to be there at any specific time, you will be able to kick your heels in the lounge if/when you get to SYD
Old Apr 4, 2018, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by harryhv
You know that Scoot is gone, it's all Tiger Airways now? Complete with Tiger's erratic ontime performance and infamous customer service. But it's ok as long as you don't need to be there at any specific time, you will be able to kick your heels in the lounge if/when you get to SYD
Lol... It's all Scoot now. Tiger Airways A320 services were absorbed into Scoot into the Scoot brand. The only reason why they changed all flights to the old tiger air operators certificate was because the tiger AOC had more approved for harder to get approved destination like Indonesia (it also held more countries approved then the TZ Scoot AOC).

The Existing 787 flights operated by Scoot are still operated by "Scoot" and I've noticed no difference in flights on 787 aircraft after the changes.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold, IHG Spire
Thanks guys,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.