Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on SQ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Seat selection on SQ

I have a VA booking PER-SIN-PVG/PEK-SIN-PER all operated by SQ. I called up VA to add my Velocity number and assign seats. They were able to assist with the former but told me I'd need to call SQ for the seats and gave me the SQ PNR.

The first time I called SQ they told me there was a problem with the system and they would need to send off an email to have the seats allocated. After a few days the seats were still not showing in my booking so I called again.

The second time, SQ told me as I'm travelling on a codeshare (VA marketed), I cannot pre-assign seats and all they could do was put in a request for the airport to assign the seats which may or may not get actioned.

Does anybody have any experience of whether it is possible to assign the seats for this type of booking?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
You haven't said what class you're traveling in.

In J class I've never had any issues calling up SQ and telling them what I want.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Travel is in Y - but the specific reason I've been given is that it's not possible to assign seats on a codeshare booking.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
What happens when you access the Manage Booking page on the SQ site?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Were you able to get the SQ record locator and open the booking on SQ online? What happens there?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Were you able to get the SQ record locator and open the booking on SQ online? What happens there?
He's got the SQ PNR (initial post) and presumably knows his own name so it should be simple you'd think
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I have tried SQ's website using the SQ PNR.

It says that I cannot select seats because the flight is operated by a partner airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.