Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Platinum Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Status Platinum Upgrades

I recently flew Sydney to Brisbane with my wife and used my platinum upgrades for both of us on both legs. So business return.

I've just been credited status for the trip, and I've been credited 40 each way, and my wife 20 each way.

I'm fairly sure we were both meant to be credited 20 each way, so I'm not complaining, just wondering if anyone can shed any light?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Don't knock it, it's just another example of Virgin's third-rate IT systems. It's happened to me more than once, almost always when a flight has been changed. I put it down to inexperienced sales agents working with clunky IT systems
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, it just seems very strange, considering we were in the same PNR and we family pool.

You would have thought being in the same PNR the credits would have been applied together. If the credits are applied against the ticket, instead of the PNR, then there should be no chance of getting Business status credits, as VA don't update booking class on upgraded tickets (they only change the class of the seat, not the ticket).
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
FT'ers need to have a few wins now and again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.