Search

Velocity Points and Agoda

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: qantas
Velocity Points and Agoda

Hi guys,

I've got a short weekend away trip coming up and I was going to book through Agoda to get my velocity points. However, I'm not sure whether Agoda sale prices are eligible for the points or only non sale prices (ie full price) are eligible for the points. In other words, I'm looking at booking the non-refundable sale price instead of their fully refundable price. There's a difference of $25 per night and I'm looking to stay 4 nights. As such, I was wondering if the non-refundable sale price is eligible for points. Please advise.

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
I think you should be fine earning points on the sale prices.

However, if you have logged in to Agoda through the Velocity link to get the room prices, you should open up a separate browser and search for it through Agoda's main site. Often the selection of hotels through an Agoda points partner link (like Velocity or Delta) is less, and the pricing is sometimes higher. If there is a difference, you need to see whether then higher rate is worth it to effectively "buy" the Velocity points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.