Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Australia Tasman Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, Qantas Platinum, Velocity Platinum, Air New Zealand Gold, Hilton Diamond
Virgin Australia Tasman Business Class

Flew SYD - CH last week with the new Tasman configuration.

Was welcomed to one of the newer 737's with the sky interior. Business Service was faultless, a colleague of mine who was in economy also commented how good the service was.

Chatted with the senior flight attendant and he mentioned the Tasman services are all going to be serviced with the new 737's. He also mentioned that they were looking to do full service across all Tasman and pacific routes but subject to NZ agreeing to it.

It will be interesting to see if NZ follows and installs business class on their a320's. I would rather be flying VA business than NZ's works deluxe.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by uanthony

It will be interesting to see if NZ follows and installs business class on their a320's. I would rather be flying VA business than NZ's works deluxe.
NZ pulled the existing Business from their a320's several years with the implementation of "Seats to Suit" (and it's all economy seating).

I can't see them putting it back ...
Old May 6, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: AirNZ Koru
Has anyone flown in the past month since their business has been in full swing on TT? Am flying BNE-WLG in a few days and wondering what to expect
Old May 16, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Upgrades

I'm hoping that my complimentary Platinum upgrades could be used TransTasman once the re-furb is complete - from the East Coast New Zealand is closer than Perth
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
I've got AKL-MEL booked in VA J later this year. From what I can gather, there is no lounge access to the NZ lounge based solely on class of travel? The eligibility guide on the VA lounge section of their website states business class pax only eligible for access to NZ lounge when travelling on a VA marketed-NZ operated flight. Is anyone able to confirm this?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You will have Class of Service based lounge access to the "Air New Zealand Lounge" at AKL.

http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en...lounge-access/
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by uanthony
Chatted with the senior flight attendant and he mentioned the Tasman services are all going to be serviced with the new 737's.
Now if only VA chose to install PTV on there newer 738s, then they might of had an reasonable product.

Don't think NZ will introduce J on the A320s any time soon, they are making way to much of an proffitt on there lcc style service.

The morning/evening flights to/from Auckland are almost 100% full, they couldn't spare the space to loss 12 seats.

NZ has just re-introduced PE on AKL-SYD/MEL/BNE on the 772/77W/789 services, maybe we could see the 321NEO come with PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.