Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

3rd VA AGM, Sat 23 August 2014, BNE Dom Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Snocone and I will be attending our first VA AGM! So both Gold for attendance and VFF Red. Booked on VA 1105 from NTL arriving at 12:50.

No flight back South booked yet. Will probably book BNE-SYD on QF so we can repair to the QF J lounge until the luncheon crowd get back from Brekkie Creek.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by cityflyer369
And the lounge staff knows about this and security will definitely not want to see my boarding pass?
You wouldn't need a BP to get airside domestically, and the 3 guests needn't necessarily be flying too.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
And the lounge staff knows about this and security will definitely not want to see my boarding pass?
Absolutely. Let's look back at history on this issue - at the FT 2005 (IIRC) ozfest in SYD, there was trouble with entry as we hadn't advised the QF Lounge staff that we were coming - even though we had the numbers (Plats + flying attendees), many of us were denied access (well within their rights to do this) and those that were already inside were asked to leave.

Both sides learnt a lot from that debacle, ever since it is all above board and thus the reason I have a good working relationship with VA BNE Lounge staff - Annette in particular (the VA Lounge Goddess).

Once I made her aware that we have been having a QF one since 2003, she has been the one to actively encourage this engagement with Flyertalk's VA FF's. She will most likely be there to host the event and ensure her staff are getting drinks and nibbles delivered to our area. She also has catered with a full sized cake one year to celebrate the advent of Sabre.

Annette has no trouble with the numbers accessing the Lounge as I give her the list of peoples' real names, their status level and their flight details. Given the vast majority of attendees are Platinum and flying, we have more than enough to guest in the few that don't have access.

When have Security ever bothered looking at a Boarding Pass? One can check in up in the Lounge - as I do every time I fly HLO.

Last edited by QF WP; Jun 15, 2014 at 8:52 pm
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:45 pm

Am Gold for this. Will look at flights soon.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:46 pm

SG on VA
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
I will think about it. Most likely not but there's a small chance i will need a status run that weekend to hit partner gold before my year rolls over.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Updated to here...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Apologies but I am bronze for this again as the date is not suitable.

I think that makes me 0/3. Does penegal have a better attendance record?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JohnK
Apologies but I am bronze for this again as the date is not suitable.

I think that makes me 0/3. Does penegal have a better attendance record?
He does, I knew penegal had been to one but I checked my stash of photos and found that yes he had attended both and a good chance he will attend the 3rd.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
He does, I knew penegal had been to one but I checked my stash of photos and found that yes he had attended both and a good chance he will attend the 3rd.
OK. That does not make me feel better. Unfortunately August is the time of the Golf club knockout on Saturdays.

Perhaps one day I will attend one of these events.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by QF WP
Absolutely. Let's look back at history on this issue - at the FT 2005 (IIRC) ozfest in SYD, there was trouble with entry as we hadn't advised the QF Lounge staff that we were coming - even though we had the numbers (Plats + flying attendees), many of us were denied access (well within their rights to do this) and those that were already inside were asked to leave.

Both sides learnt a lot from that debacle, ever since it is all above board and thus the reason I have a good working relationship with VA BNE Lounge staff - Annette in particular (the VA Lounge Goddess).

Once I made her aware that we have been having a QF one since 2003, she has been the one to actively encourage this engagement with Flyertalk's VA FF's. She will most likely be there to host the event and ensure her staff are getting drinks and nibbles delivered to our area. She also has catered with a full sized cake one year to celebrate the advent of Sabre.

Annette has no trouble with the numbers accessing the Lounge as I give her the list of peoples' real names, their status level and their flight details. Given the vast majority of attendees are Platinum and flying, we have more than enough to guest in the few that don't have access.

When have Security ever bothered looking at a Boarding Pass? One can check in up in the Lounge - as I do every time I fly HLO.
Thanks for the explanation. Then count me in, guys. :-)
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

cityflyer369, looking forward to meeting you then and have updated post 1.

Have a look at the previous years(s) thread(s) for photos and the numbers we have had in The Lounge.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: VA Gold , QF Gold. Accor Gold , HH Gold, IHG Plantinum. Avis Preferred
Colour me GOLD , will look at flights over the next week or 2.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:13 am
Original Poster

VA Happy Hour is on now until 8PM. Prices are $99 ex-MEL (minus 10 % discount above)
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by QF WP
cityflyer369, looking forward to meeting you then and have updated post 1.

Have a look at the previous years(s) thread(s) for photos and the numbers we have had in The Lounge.
Thank you very much. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.