Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Etihad destinations on Velocity redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Here's an idea:
DJ please do update your velocity booking engine so it includes other EY destinations in the Middle East (like BEY, AMM, DOH, MCT, etc) and to YYZ. Let those connections show too, for example a search for CAI-AUH-SYD doesn't show any flights (no idea why), same for CBR-BNE-SIN (though these appear and are bookable through VA's normal site).
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: Too many
There's a been heaps of errors. Milan wasn't showing up for a few weeks at one point!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:05 pm

Note that DJ doesn't allow redemption on all EY destinations as I found out first hand. If the city is not showing up on the Velocity booking engine its possible they won't allow you to redeem to/from that city at all.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

That's just absurd, why then promote the possibility to redeem on Etihad operated flights in the first place? VA has codeshare flight numbers on several Middle East destinations that show up when booking using cash but not on when redeeming points.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:20 pm

I actually sent a complaint email to Velocity about this and their reply simply directed me to this clause in their T&Cs.

18.19 Reward Class fares are not available on every flight, and availability may be limited.

I think this is misleading as while I would not expect reward seats to be available every day, I did not expect entire destinations to be completely excluded from redemptions.

Coincidentally, I also asked about connecting from MEL to EY's BNE-SIN flight. I was told I had to make two separate redemptions as they do not allow both VA & EY flights on the same redemption ticket.

Last edited by aikman; Jan 27, 2012 at 11:26 pm
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:59 am

seems disappointing that there are many restrictions

it's disappointing that there are many destinations that are not bookable. I am wondering if this will also be the case with SQ.It would be a dream if it was allowed to use virgin plus one other carrier to the destination.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:54 pm

ANy idea if AUH( abu Dhabi ) -YYZ ( Toronto ) is available for redemption on Velocity points ? Would love to use my points on this flight next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.