Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

Double Points and Status Credits Jan 26-Feb 29

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Too many

All business class travel between January 26 and February 29 will earn double number of Velocity frequent flyer points as well as twice the usual number of status credits.

Virgin Australia exec Liz Savage revealed the promotion today as the airline’s new domestic business class made its debut.

Savage said the ‘double deal’ would apply to all Virgin Australia domestic business class tickets, including those on the Sydney-Perth A330 ‘Coast to Coast’ run – a move which will see some Velocity members quickly rack up enough status credits to hang onto their Gold or Platinum cards for anther year.

Savage said that the airline would also offer some ‘surprise and delight’ upgrades to Velocity members travelling in economy, bumping them up to business class to sample the new seats and service.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
Has anyone here experienced one of these "surprise and delight" upgrades recently? How are they given out?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
Has anyone here experienced one of these "surprise and delight" upgrades recently? How are they given out?
Yes I got one last week. Full flight though, so not sure the reason. Am platinum on flex fare.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold
It's likely you have to be in a flex fare to qualify for the "surprise and delight" upgrades to "sample the new seats and service" as I did BNE-SYD-BNE this weekend and didn't hear anything about these upgrades. I even inquired in the lounge about upgrading using one of the 4 Plat comp upgrades and was told I needed a flex fare (I was on saver) and it needed to be done 24 hours in advance. The way down had 3 people in J and the way back was completely empty with about a 50% load in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.