Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Velocity Status Match Offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 2:22 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Jinxy
Still nothing for me!! And I thought I was pretty quick to email them an hour after the announcement !
Sent my own and wife's request to match our M&M status on 25/8/2011 and nothing as yet...
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Emailed request on August 25th, got confirmation back on September 1.

Status matched from UA *G.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 1:38 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
I get all of that, I also get that the goal is to gain QF customers, I am happy to be patient. Velocity status would be nice but at the end of the day if it does not happen I have not lost anything...
Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I got matched, too. Took them quite some time, but I am happy with the result. :-)
Now I am flying Virgin Australia! :-) (And will not renew my *A status beyond the end of next year.)
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
I got matched, too. Took them quite some time, but I am happy with the result. :-)
Now I am flying Virgin Australia! :-) (And will not renew my *A status beyond the end of next year.)
Ditto. I'm letting my BD*G lapse with the uncertainty around bmi and crediting all my NZ travel to VA!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
I have just been matched to Silver
Old Sep 6, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: Too many
And I'm still waiting!!

Question... Did anyone get upgraded from a lesser known program?I'm part of skyteam elite and currently silver with virgin , so wondering if popular programs are easier to transfer ?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by Jinxy
And I'm still waiting!!

Question... Did anyone get upgraded from a lesser known program?I'm part of skyteam elite and currently silver with virgin , so wondering if popular programs are easier to transfer ?
Yes, I was matched from Flying Blue (AF/KL) Plat to VA Plat, so scarce as SkyTeam, are in Australia, they still count
Old Sep 6, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
I was matched with MH Enrich Silver
Old Sep 7, 2011, 2:41 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
disappointed Mrs VH-RMD has still not been matched, 7 days since I was and they both went in minutes apart from each other.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
disappointed Mrs VH-RMD has still not been matched, 7 days since I was and they both went in minutes apart from each other.
It took longer than 7 days in my case, while my partner, who was matched to Silver, got a reply after 2 days. And both applications went in minutes apart from each other, too.
It just seems that their process works in mysterious ways, but in the end there will be an outcome.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:29 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
MrAdamPenrith got his Silver yesterday, mine still in the pipeline hopefully!! MrAdamPenrith has 230k credit card points, but I have marginally more Garuda miles than he does!! Time will tell
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:38 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Emailed on Tuesday, and saw my match to Platinum today which expires the same month as my QF status in May 2012. LOVE the idea of 4 upgrades to utilise which look like according to AFF, don't have a specific fare bucket, but are space available. I imagine, however, there will be a load of WPs taking advantage of these to PER...

Now the important questions:

Hertz #1 President's Circle or Europcar Privilege Elite? (Already a Gold #1 and Privilege member, and generally hire Mercs from Hertz or Audis from Europcar so higher probably won't occur).

Hilton Diamond VIP or Priority Club Platinum? I note the Hilton status only lasts 6 months, unless you requal, however the only IHG hotels I stay at are Intercontinental and from FT it looks like RA status counts far more that PC.

What is everyone else choosing?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Hilton is 6 months, unless you have 4 stays in that time - then it extends to 12 months.

Note the space avalable upgrades are from the more expensive "Flexi" fares only.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Hilton is 6 months, unless you have 4 stays in that time - then it extends to 12 months.
Got my match from FB Plat to VA Plat. Does anyone know when the 6 months start for the Hilton diamond status? Is it from the date of the VA status match or from the date that Hilton gives you diamond status? I already have Hilton Gold status through March 2012 from getting the HH Amex card and will probably not retain the Gold status. Can I wait until just before the Gold expires to submit my request for HH Diamond?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.