Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Velocity Status Match Offer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
We were in Jacksonville Florida this week flying United.

For the hell of it I pulled out our Virgin Platinum cards, and asked if that gave us entry, and she kindly looked it up and read the rules that if we were flying on a Delta or "Virgin" flight that day, we had entry.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I have a question . If say my uncle it's a platinum member and books me and my wife a ticket domestic in Australia do we get all the benefits as he would . Lounge access upgrades etc ?
No, not if he isn't travelling with you.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 5:57 pm

Just got off the phone with an agent via the velocity hotline. It turns out there is a price list for upgrading of status. For basic to silver it would be AUD1000, for basic to gold it would be AUD2500. What do ya guys think?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: QF, Virgin Australia
Originally Posted by lowjhg
Just got off the phone with an agent via the velocity hotline. It turns out there is a price list for upgrading of status. For basic to silver it would be AUD1000, for basic to gold it would be AUD2500. What do ya guys think?
Not really worth it, but very surprised DJ offer the ability to purchase status... Though I believe AA offered the ability to purchase various levels of elite status at one time.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, AF Plat, Velocity Plat, IHG RA, HHonors DIA, EC Priv Elite, Hertz Pres Circle ...
Originally Posted by Tech Noir
Not really worth it, but very surprised DJ offer the ability to purchase status... Though I believe AA offered the ability to purchase various levels of elite status at one time.
I agree, although I really think the Velocity program is one of the better programs, it's not not worth 2,5k AUD.

BTW: US Airways also offers the opportunity to purchase their elite status.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ssnz

Velocity says: 6 months (just being read off a guide held by the agent). They knew nothing of a minimum stays to retain arrangement.

HH said, in relation to mine, that it expires 03/2013 as per the card and that in all cases the card would be correct........ they knew nothing about the Velocity promo.

Personally, I don't mind meeting any terms to keep the status, i.e. 4 stays in 6 months - but need to actually know what the terms are to meet them!!

Maybe we've gotten lucky here?
March 2013 was very generous I agree. ^

Been staying at a lot of Hiltons since.

Anyone how if there was a fast tracked re-qual deal?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by lowjhg
rediculous!
are they dreaming.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: QF Pl, SQ Gold, HHonors Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by aussielori
rediculous!
are they dreaming.
Well to put it in perspective, given their cheapest economy deal at the moment (OOL-SYD for $59 - 10 SCs). If you were to fly that route over and over during a few weeks (would be possible to fly it 5 times daily), you'd need to travel:

Silver: 25 times = $1475
Gold: 50 times = $2950
Platinum: 100 times = $5900

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.