Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Australia | Velocity
Reload this Page >

When does reciprocity with Delta start?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|

Has anything been released on when full reciprocity with Delta will start? In particular the ability to earn status and not just points?

This would have a significant impact on my future travel plans.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:02 pm

I'm interested in the same question too.

Perhaps it's still with the competition watchdogs in Australia and the US.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:25 am

Whar about this rumour?

http://www.thevasource.com/rumours.html

"Delta take Melbourne to free V Australia for Brisbane.
As part of the Virgin Australia/Delta Joint Venture it is expected that Delta will take over the Los Angeles - Melbourne route from V Australia. This will mean a reduction in capacity as 277 seat (43J/233Y) Delta Boeing 777-200LR aircraft replace 363 seat (35J/40W/288Y) V Australia Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.

This will in turn free the V Australia Boeing 777-300ER used on the 3x weekly Los Angeles - Melbourne service to increase frequency on the Los Angeles - Brisbane service from 3x to 6x weekly"

If this true Melbourne flyers should boycott Virgin Australia, why would anyone want to fly with Delta?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.