Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If only....Free Velocity Gold upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:26 am
Original Poster

If only....Free Velocity Gold upgrade

Got an email from Velocity, free upgrade to Gold. I am a silver, so dont know yet If I get the upgrade seing site is down.

Called Velocity and was an error, was meant for close Silver Members only that have a certain criteria to meet. Bugger

Got quite excited for a moment there, anyone else get it?

Last edited by GO_CAT; Nov 13, 2009 at 12:48 am
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:30 am

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
Just got the same email and I think they have FUBAR'ed big time! I joined velocity in July and have taken 1 flight with them. Their website and phone lines seem to be in melt-down right now - can't access either

I wonder if they sent it to every Velocity member
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Twitter abuzz

http://twitter.com/#search?q=Virgin%20Gold
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:40 am

Programs: QF Gold
So I'm not really upgraded? Lame. I was just about to disown Air New Zealand too lol.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:52 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
O if only! My friend got one and i was mega angry that she got it and I didn't. Then i was happy I got one, and then sad that its bad
Old Nov 13, 2009, 1:02 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
There's gonna be some angry people out there!
Old Nov 13, 2009, 1:06 am

Seems to be a big FAIL for Virgin!
Old Nov 13, 2009, 1:35 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
FAIL confirmed

Official Virgin Blue Tweet

http://twitter.com/VirginBlue
Friday the 13th strikes! Some members have been advised of an upgrade that they are ineligible for. We regret any inconvenience caused.

"Some" - my a@*
Old Nov 13, 2009, 1:37 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, Velocity
oh c'mon! I didn't even get the email
Old Nov 13, 2009, 1:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Yeap, I have also been upgraded to Gold... Will be fighting them if they try to revoke it... There is not small print allowing them to withdraw it once they gave it... Will be fun :-)
Old Nov 13, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
I got the email too. In fact, twice! One for my Velocity account and one for the membership number I had before Velocity existed. (I've flown with them, but only before Velocity started!) Both sent about 5:44pm local time. I tried to log in to my account to check, but it just timed out and I gave up.

"Please disregard" email (only a single one) sent just over 2 hours later.

Shame. When I got the original email, I considered making some bookings next year with them, but there's no point now.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 2:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, QF DJ
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is!

I also received the email. Strange that the Velocity website is down. Will be interesting to see what happened. Just found this report online http://www.itnews.com.au/News/160494...ld-status.aspx

Last edited by JohnH61; Nov 13, 2009 at 2:47 am Reason: Additional information
Old Nov 13, 2009, 3:10 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, Velocity
rectifying email just popped into my inbox (despite me not receiving the first one)

Originally Posted by JohnH61
I also received the email. Strange that the Velocity website is down. Will be interesting to see what happened. Just found this report online http://www.itnews.com.au/News/160494...ld-status.aspx
Some of the people in that story are over reacting a little

"The least they can do is honour it. " - uh actually no, thats the MOST they can do, not the least.

“At the very least they need to give all affected people a free flight voucher or some form of compensation." - lol, compensation for what?

its obvious it there was a system error somewhere, its obvious it was a mistake, and they have no need to offer anything or to honour it imo.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Now what DJ could do to salvage some of this would be to turn it into a status match - so if you're a QF gold or plat then give you the gold velocity.

They stand to make extra money from any additional bookings (I know i was seriously considering using DJ once I saw this offer) and what have they got to lose except for use of the lounge?

Regards

lme ff
Old Nov 15, 2009, 4:49 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Actually, 2 mistakes ....

1) I received the mass mail-out; I was Gold and comped on my first miss so although surprised, I was actually quite delighted to receive the news I'd again been comped

2) On the retraction email:

"We also note that you have elected to opt out of Velocity Communications. Please accept our sincere apologies for sending these emails to you without your consent. Unfortunately the email was extended to our entire database by mistake."

Erm....actually Brett, I've never opted out of receiving Velocity Communications .... so where does that leave me?

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.