Search

If only....Free Velocity Gold upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:53 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
I am Velocity Gold:

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi willyroo Velocity Membership Number: 2100XXXXXX
Oops! You've received our previous email titled "You've turned gold" by mistake, please disregard the free upgrade communication as unfortunately you do not qualify for that upgrade.

We also note that you have elected to opt out of Velocity Communications. Please accept our sincere apologies for sending these emails to you without your consent. Unfortunately the email was extended to our entire database by mistake.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Warm regards,

The Velocity Team
As BD1959 noted, 2 mistakes...
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC Altitude 100K, QF Gold, SPG Platinum 100, Hilton HHonours Diamond
What an EPIC FAIL this is for Virgin Blue… Looks like it’s turned into a PR nightmare, as all the major online new organisations have picked up on this, and has it in prominent locations on their webpage’s. At first I was very excited to see this email, most notably the refund of the unused portion of the Lounge access I purchased at the silver discount of $249 two months ago.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:40 pm

I just feel sorry for the poor person who made this monumental mistake.....
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:17 pm

Bad luck indeed for the poor sucker who hit the "send" button, plus of course bad luck for those people whom Virgin got all excited only to pour a bucket of cold water them.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
When I got the first email I was trying to think how this might be a status match with QF! The "correction" email was not well worded and was not a genuine apology at all:

"Oops! Due to an error you've received our previous email by mistake. Please disregard the free upgrade communication as unfortunately you do not qualify for that upgrade.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Warm regards,...."

Why would anyone at DJ think that that this was properly handled? I understand the initial system mistake, but the follow-up email was poor.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: Skywards, Velocity Rewards
I got a second apology today with my October statement:

Dear 17thousandkm,

We'd like to apologise for a genuine mistake which occurred last week that left many Members confused, and us red-faced.

You may have received an email informing you that your Status had been upgraded to Gold. Unfortunately, that information was incorrect, and we're truly sorry for any disappointment the email caused.

After speaking with many of our Members, and listening to all their feedback, we'd like to clear the air and let you know what happened. The problem was caused by a process error, which was identified and fixed, and will not happen again. We'd like to assure you that our data security was never compromised, and your personal details were and are safe.

We remain committed to delivering you the best possible loyalty program in which all Members are rewarded, regardless of your Status.

We value your Membership and look forward to helping you enjoy many great rewards with Velocity in the future.

Sincerely

Brett Godfrey
Chief Executive Officer - Virgin Blue Airlines
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:21 am

Programs: QF Plat & Lifetime Gold, Velocity Gold, SQ PPS
on, off and on again

Following the offer, then the retraction, just received another e-mail offering Gold status (yes, really, you can believe us this time).

I am well short of the required points so this was a nice surprise.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 1:53 am

I never got the original "gold offer" email, but did receive the "gold de-confirmation". Which was odd, as I was already gold.

Anyway, this is the version I received this afternoon -

We'd like to apologise for a genuine mistake that occurred recently that left many Members confused, and us red-faced.

You may have received an email informing you that your Status had been upgraded to Gold, followed by another email asking you to disregard the upgrade. Of course, we recognise that you are already a Gold Status Member and we are truly sorry for the confusion.

After speaking with many of our Members, and listening to all of their feedback, we'd like to clear the air and let you know what happened. The problem was caused by a process error, which was identified and fixed, and will not happen again. We'd like to assure you that our data security was never compromised, and your personal details were and are safe.

Please continue to enjoy the perks of Gold Status Membership such as access to The Lounge, priority check-in, and additional baggage allowances which remain exclusive to select Members such as yourself.

We value your Membership and look forward to seeing you onboard again soon!

Sincerely

Brett Godfrey
Chief Executive Officer - Virgin Blue Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.