Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin: the world's best passenger complaint letter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin: the world's best passenger complaint letter?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:16 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by BA1A
Unless of course it was all just a very clever viral marketing campaign?

Just look at the publicity it has generated and it even made the main BBC news in the UK yesterday and got the new Virgin "Red Hot" advertisement played a couple of times during the news piece.
Surely with the prowess of the VS marketing machine alternative topics could generate much better pubilcity? Why bother highlighting one of VS's weakest points? Unless of course this is how Branson advertises menu changes

CJ
Old Jan 31, 2009, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Surely with the prowess of the VS marketing machine alternative topics could generate much better pubilcity? Why bother highlighting one of VS's weakest points? Unless of course this is how Branson advertises menu changes

CJ
As the famous quote goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity and this has highlighted they serve Indian food and has also attracted lots of letters from people saying how much they do enjoy the food.

One thing about SRB is that he has always used free publicity such as news items rather than paying for it and this has certainly got the Virgin name in the news all around the world very quickly you must agree?^ Much quicker than you could ever do with normal advertising even if you were willing to spend so much money to do it, which he is not.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 7:28 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by BA1A
As the famous quote goes, there is no such thing as bad publicity and this has highlighted they serve Indian food and has also attracted lots of letters from people saying how much they do enjoy the food.

One thing about SRB is that he has always used free publicity such as news items rather than paying for it and this has certainly got the Virgin name in the news all around the world very quickly you must agree?^ Much quicker than you could ever do with normal advertising even if you were willing to spend so much money to do it, which he is not.
RB is a clever man but his product sux; esp the premium cabin (hard and soft product wise)-BA's new J class FAR outclasses UC. I have done a trans atlantic and 2 x SYD-LHR RTN in UC. Gave VS benefit of the doubt once too many times. It's a below avg offering in relative to money paid. If it were cheaper it would be acceptable for the price. VS UC is NOT a 1st rate premium product in the air at least. LHR lounge is definatley 1st rate-thats where it ends full stop.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jan 31, 2009 at 7:33 am
Old Mar 21, 2009, 7:42 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Best passenger complaint letter ever

This is a link to the best passenger complaint letter of all time. In fact, it may be the best letter of all time. It was published in the Daily Telegraph yesterday. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...nt-letter.html
Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:08 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I can remember when the Torygraph used to publish recent News!!

That 'news' story was on here, and just about every other aviation website in January!!.

Nick
Old Mar 21, 2009, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
And as such, I'll merge the two threads together.

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Virgin Flying Club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.