Search

Virgin Holidays & Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2008, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Virgin Holidays & Seat Selection

Hi all

I know you can select your seat on VS's website if you make a booking with VH. My question is at what stage can you do this? As soon as you have made the booking? Or does the whole holiday have to be paid off and tickets issued before you can access the seat map? I'm thinking of booking to Grenada for Jan 2010 and i'd like to know if I can pick my seat at the time of booking, or only at OLCI. Thanks guys!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
You can request seats from 336 days before departure.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:14 am
Original Poster

I have gone ahead and booked with VH. I did not book online so my booking ref is not like the usual one i.e. 123456/S09 etc. Can I only access my booking on va.com when the holiday has been paid in full? At the moment it's not letting me on, it says booking is not found. Any ideas how long it will take?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club (Silver)
I have booked some flights with VH and managed to reserve seats with VS within 20 minutes of confirming the booking.

VH will give you a reference, as indicated in your post, like 123456/S09. This means nothing on the VS website. What you need to do is either ask VH or call Flying Club and get the PNR for the flight portion of the VH booking. That will be a six digit reference containing numbers and letters. This is the booking reference that the VS website need.

If you are calling Flying Club to gain the PNR you could always ask them to allocate seats for you. You'll then be able to go on the website and see the seats on the Manage Your Booking Section.

Hope it works.

Iain
Old Feb 6, 2009, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Hi Ian

My tickets haven't been issued because I haven't paid the balance of my holiday yet. Does this make a differnece? I aleeady have the PNR and it's not working. I can see my reservation on www.viewtrip.com though, I just can't log into Virgin Atlantic
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club (Silver)
Hi Mrdisco,

I haven't paid the full balance yet either and was able to book. It seems a little strange. You could always call Flying Club and book seat allocation with them.

Good luck...

Iain
Old Feb 6, 2009, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Hi

Yeah it is strange. I'm not going until Dec27th so that might have something to do with it. There is no e ticket number when I log into www.viewtrip.com so I assume my tickets are not issued yet but yours are?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.