Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Official Virgin Atlantic Inflight Entertainment Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2008, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club

I've read a number of queries on this forum about the different entertainment options available on Virgin Atlantic flights & the confusion involved. I posted this thread to outline what's available.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Apr 26, 2008 at 3:02 am Reason: Removing the article which was copied in its entirety from another website without acknowledgement
Old Apr 25, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Originally Posted by flyboy777
I've read a number of queries on this forum about the different entertainment options available on Virgin Atlantic flights & the confusion involved. I posted this thread to outline what's available.

Currently, Virgin have 3 different types of IFE systems in there fleet, each installed for different batches of aircraft & different times. These are called V:Port, Odyssey & SuperNova. V:Port is the latest, AVOD system which rivals the likes of Emirates ICE & Singapore Krisworld. It was stated when first introduced that it would be installed fleetwide. However, that was almost 6 years ago & since Virgin have occupied themselves with cabin upgrades such as the Upper Class Suite, New Premium Economy, LHR Clubhouse, LHR Upper Class Wing & other innovations. The progress is so slow that it may be possible that the V:Port will be suplanted by a newer IFE system

....rest of content STOLEN from v-flyer.com...

To find which routes aircraft fly, consult the Virgin timetable.

Hope this helps
Perhaps you could NOT claim ownership of work completed by others, and instead credit the copyright owners?

http://www.v-flyer.com/entertainment.asp

WAY out of line.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club (Silver)
I'm not sure that credit was ever claimed within the thread, a thoughtful spread of information across forums is surely a benefit to all flyers.

As for crediting copyright owners, I was not aware that an entry on a publicly accessible forum is subject to copyright law. Surely we all post all here, with the knowledge that information or quotes could be shared.

Lighten up all, we're just here to learn more and advise more...... if you're here for more than that, than surely you're in the wrong place.

Just my thoughts,

Iain
Old Apr 25, 2008, 7:43 pm

Copy/pasting from other websites without acknowledgement of the source is a clear breach of copyright. Sharing info is fine, but rather than stealing someone else's prose wholesale, a link to the info is preferred. Apart from good manners, it's technically against the law, and no website should condone such action.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 12:23 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
It is bang out of order. Why do we have copyright laws if people think they are above them and ignore them?

Cutting and pasting is bad enough, but then not even acknowledging that you have done this makes it even worse.

Are the mods going to do anything, please?

Nick
Old Apr 26, 2008, 1:40 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
Originally Posted by Iain Scotland
I was not aware that an entry on a publicly accessible forum is subject to copyright law.
It is.

And the Flyertalk Guidelines and Rules makes the position quite clear: if you want to share some information from another web source then you should post a summary, credit the source and provide a link, not copy and paste.

BC
Old Apr 26, 2008, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have removed the text in its entirety as the post was copied word for word from www.v-flyer.com without acknowledgement.

A link to that page would have been perfectly fine.

I have left the first few words as by deleting the entire post the thread would be deleted and the link to the IFE is useful.

This thread will now be locked.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.