Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 UCS Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2005, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

747 UCS Questions

1. On which side of the suite is the video screen located, fore or aft?

2. On which side is the tray table?

3. What size are the overhead bins upstairs and down?

4. Someone on VS Flyer posted that the upper deck was too hot for comfortable sleep. I prefer a cool sleeping temperature and have noticed that Europeans for some reason like very warm interiors. Just how hot is it up there?

5. I understand that UC pax can get expedited immigration processing (fasttrax?) when entering the UK. Is there anything similar when re-entering the US?

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2005, 3:08 am

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
1. Forward - it's part of the suite in-front of you.
If on the left window side of the aircraft (facing slightly right), it'll be on your left hand side (and reversed on the righ-hand-side/left facing). It's on an "arm", to allow it to be manouvered to a position dead-center of your seat.

2. It comes from the back of the suite in front, so again, the same logic as the TV screens applies.

3. They're the regular 747 bins, so... Upstairs, small (and unlike other 747 configs, there are no side/window bins, only overhead. There is a closet at the top of the stairs, however, and there's some space under the Ottoman to store smaller items. Downstairs, they're regular size - one row over the window suites, and two running down the center.

4. It's possible to notice the difference, but it really is only marginal (probably because the cabin is slightly smaller?). You have to weigh up the fact that it's generally less busy upstairs - if you're easily disturbed, it might be a safer bet.

5. It's called a Fast-Track voucher. It's a bright pink slip that they'll hand you before you land. And no, the US doesn't extend the same offer. The joys of US immigration...

Last edited by preiffer; Apr 24, 2005 at 3:12 am
Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by preiffer
It's a bright pink slip that they'll hand you before you land. And no, the US doesn't extend the same offer. The joys of US immigration...
Egalitarian and democratic, and yet the same time not
Old May 2, 2005, 4:50 am

Programs: AmEx Plat, VS AG, SPG Gold, Priority Club/IHG Plat Ambassador, HHon Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
There are no overhead bins in the A zone above the nose suites 6A & K due to the taper of the cabin.

Bazz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.