Wiki Posts
Search

Clubhouse in NRT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2004, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN
Clubhouse in NRT

Does anyone know where the Clubhouse is located in Terminal One and whether or not it is near the SQ lounge? Also does anyone know what art its operating hours? Is there hot snacks and meals available on request like other Clubhouses?
Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:31 pm

The NRT VS Clubhouse is located close to the Northwest lounge. It is only open from when check-in for VS901 opens till the flight departs. Currently VS only has 1 flight per day from NRT-LHR, although word is this may increase soon.

The lounge has a small business area with 2 PCs with fast internet access. It also has a reasonable view of the runway. As VS901 is a morning flight (departs around 11:00), there is a small breakfast/brunch menu. There are about 5 Western and 5 Japaneese choices. Western options include: Fruit & Yoghurt, Bacon/Sasuage Roll, Danish Pastry/croissant and a Ham & Cheese Pita sandwich. There is a full bar service with good coffee too.

The lounge is quite small, but there are never more than 70% of the seats occupied. Its worth pointing out that I've never actually seen anyone in there use the internet terminals as almost everyone in Japan has a laptop with a GPRS connection.

The worst feature about the lounge is that it does not have its own toilets and yo must use the facilites across the corridor. Remember though, this is Japan, and the public toilets will be spotless.

It has the usual Virgin sleek, sexy and modern design to it. This results in some rather uncomfy and odd shaped chairs, however the chairs next to the window are very comfy. The attendants in the lounge are very friendly and professional. You will not have to wait more than 10s to get served here (unlike LHR).

Its always a great taste of home, after spending a month in Japan!
Old Oct 26, 2004, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
The lounge was quite full last time I was in a month ago even though UC was less than half full, Lots of VSAU card holders on this route & also Alitalia pax using the lounge. It opens at approx 8.45am as mentioned above go for the window seats.Certainly the least impressive VS clubhouse I have been in . The bacon rolls out of the bing box are not bad and a couple of glasses of champagne at 9 in the morning always makes for a good day.Sorry did not notice if the SQ lounge was close by.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 6:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'm guessing there is no shower at the NRT clubhouse? Can someone please confirm or (hopefully) correct me?

PS the SQ lounge is a short walk away in satellite 1 (head for gates 11-18 which is to the right when reaching airside instead of left for VS clubhouse & gate), and up one level.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Nov 28, 2005 at 6:20 pm
Old Nov 30, 2005, 6:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Answering my own question (thanks to shortfinals) - there are no showers at NRT clubhouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.