Wiki Posts
Search

Broken IFE for entire flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Broken IFE for entire flight

Just had an email from Virgin to say tonight’s flight MCO-MAN the inflight entertainment for the entire plane is broken, which is a huge pain as I don’t have an iPad or similar to watch anything on.

whats the usual compen/points for something like this occurring , we are travelling upper class if that affects what Virgin would usually offer when we complain.

Dont think trying to reroute would help us much tbh with timings but out of interest would this be something they might offer if you pushed hard enough
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Re-route? Very unlikely, especially with limited options to MAN. There is the much earlier flight to LHR that you could try for, but they would expect you to make your own way up to MAN at your own expense.

It tends to be tiered based on the cabin you are in. They normally will inform you on-board as to what the process will be, as usually they will do something for all passengers by cabin due to broken IFE. I've had 3,000 points in economy before and from memory 10,000 points was the standard for UC. (Some people will have received more / less depending on CS involvement)

They previously used to have a few handheld units that they could hand out when individual IFE screens went tech. You may be able to get one of those if you ask when boarding.
adhiren and Britgirlnyc like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:53 pm

We got 20,000 points each for no IFE (also in upper) a couple of years ago. I did also make a small complaint about the service alongside, so not sure if that got us extra on top of ‘standard’ or not
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:10 am

I've previously received 10k in PE. It was an overnight flight and the only seats left together so not a bad outcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.