Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Help please : SkyTeam Partner reward flight Points issue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;

I originally put this on the SkyTeam Sticky, but it has not generated any replies there - hence this shot!
I would be most grateful for some advice on this from those who know better than me. Am I doing something wrong?

According to the Flying Club website a business class seat on KLM from Zone 1 (LHR or AMS) to /from Mumbai (Zone 5) at the off-peak rate in mid-November 2024 should be 61,000 points each way = 122,000 points return.

However, when booking via the Virgin Flying Club page I am offered the return KLM business class seats, but am told they will cost the lowest price of 176,000 Points + 673 Euros, thus:

Why the discrepancy in points needed, and if I ring Virgin do we think they will cost me the "official " 122,000 points rate?

VMT
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I've done a couple of dummy searches. The awards were pricing up as you saw them. I then checked LHR-BOM and then went back to AMS-BOM and the correct pricing was then showing on the same dates.

Looks like a curious pricing glitch. Not sure if it is fixed, but if it isn't, call up and book that way. It does look like the correct 122k redemption amount is there on the same dates as it was also showing at the higher amount.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
Many thanks. I’ll do a few more dummy searches and then, as you suggest, give Virgin a ring and see what they offer. It makes it so time-consuming when these apparent glitches occur: I got the same kind of inflated points level when searching CDG to CAI!
RAPC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.