Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clubhouse LHR Pelotons Gone!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Clubhouse LHR Pelotons Gone!

I came in tonight to see the pelotons and plan for a workout on my way home, but they are gone. A server shared they were removed just last week. Unfortunate, as I was looking for a good workout on the way home. They've been replaced by more seating/tables.
Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:22 am

I've never seen anyone use them.
AlanA likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ba bob
I've never seen anyone use them.
They were probably pedaling too fast, so you couldn't see them.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:52 pm

I would love to think it’s because they are bringing back the spa, but know I am likely to be disappointed. I heard that Delta were building their own lounge in T3 which would ease the crowding in the Clubhouse. It has lost some charm with endless rows of tables down to the end which used to be a quiet space/business hub. I miss the old days!
pmramsay and babyg_wc like this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:30 am

Programs: Virgin Gold.
Originally Posted by Britgirlnyc
I would love to think it’s because they are bringing back the spa, but know I am likely to be disappointed. I heard that Delta were building their own lounge in T3 which would ease the crowding in the Clubhouse. It has lost some charm with endless rows of tables down to the end which used to be a quiet space/business hub. I miss the old days!
Agree, its now missing the spa, the pool tablet, business hub, kids area and the arcade machines gone. If it wasn't for the great bar and great staff it would be much like any other lounge.
Britgirlnyc likes this.

Last edited by territt; Feb 20, 2024 at 2:36 am
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by territt
Agree, its now missing the spa, the pool tablet, business hub, kids area and the arcade machines gone.
Is the pool table gone from the Mezzanine?

Agree The Clubhouse isn't a patch on the old days with the Spa and Barber/Hairdresser, would love to see them brought back but once costs have been cut they never seem to get uncut ....
Britgirlnyc likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:17 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
agreed

Agree, its now missing the spa, the pool tablet, business hub, kids area and the arcade machines gone. If it wasn't for the great bar and great staff it would be much like any other lounge.
This also true of the rest of Virgin as an airline. If not for the staff and overall service (and the bar), Virgin is sorta down at the heels with the hard product. Mostly old UC seats (with no apparent rollout of new seats), diminution of The Clubhouse (bring back the spa!). Pricing ex USA to Europe is generally lower than any other carrier which I think reflects the overall product.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by brownc
Is the pool table gone from the Mezzanine?.
Been gone since i think last summer.

Originally Posted by tfred
This also true of the rest of Virgin as an airline. If not for the staff and overall service (and the bar), Virgin is sorta down at the heels with the hard product. Mostly old UC seats (with no apparent rollout of new seats), diminution of The Clubhouse (bring back the spa!). Pricing ex USA to Europe is generally lower than any other carrier which I think reflects the overall product.
Yep, the food has gone downhill, If I didn't only have statues with virgin I would look at jumping ship.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by tfred
TMostly old UC seats (with no apparent rollout of new seats),
VS currently have 1,343 UC seats in service. 775 (58%) of those are the old style, 568 (42%) are new generation. It's believed that each of the four new A330-900 deliveries expected this year will be used to replace an A330-300. So by my rough maths the end of 2024 over 50% of the seats in service will be the new style.

By comparison, per HFP, 59% of the BA longhaul fleet at Heathrow only have Club Suite. 100% of the Gatwick fleet will never get it, including three aircraft that are based at Heathrow. And even with such a varied fleet, BA can't guarantee CS on JFK flights.
RAPC and Britgirlnyc like this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:16 pm

Programs: delta
Been gone since i think last summer.

Yep, the food has gone downhill, If I didn't only have statues with virgin I would look at jumping ship.

Passed through about year ago they had like a full menu for breakfast options, this time around they had the same one page list as the revival lounge.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by InfiniteDynasty
Passed through about year ago they had like a full menu for breakfast options, this time around they had the same one page list as the revival lounge.
I meant the food on while flying, the clubhouse is ok.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
VS currently have 1,343 UC seats in service. 775 (58%) of those are the old style, 568 (42%) are new generation. It's believed that each of the four new A330-900 deliveries expected this year will be used to replace an A330-300. So by my rough maths the end of 2024 over 50% of the seats in service will be the new style.

By comparison, per HFP, 59% of the BA longhaul fleet at Heathrow only have Club Suite. 100% of the Gatwick fleet will never get it, including three aircraft that are based at Heathrow. And even with such a varied fleet, BA can't guarantee CS on JFK flights.
Yes but, in my opinion, the old (current) CW beats the old (current) VS seat. There are at least some ‘good’ seats in each CW cabin, whereas there are really no ‘good’ coffin seats in a VS cabin. I have no intention of flying on the latter.

Others may disagree of course.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:03 am

Slightly off subject, does anyone know if ,holding Virgin gold status you can use the BGI shared lounge back to LHR irrespective of class? Unclear from their Website ( and yes, pelatons and pool table gone at LHR
Old Feb 26, 2024, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Yes but, in my opinion, the old (current) CW beats the old (current) VS seat. There are at least some ‘good’ seats in each CW cabin, whereas there are really no ‘good’ coffin seats in a VS cabin. I have no intention of flying on the latter.

Others may disagree of course.
The flip (ahem) side of course is that 100% of VS's coffin seats have direct aisle access, and are far superior for sleeping than OCW. I also find 1A pretty good, as you can't see anyone (2A is effectively sitting behind you).
Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:51 am

1a is a great seat, you have a little extra space to plonk stuff to the side of you, it’s relatively quiet and it’s a lot more private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.