Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Flying Club Miles/Points when VS rebooks you on Air France

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 3:25 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

We had a flight JFK - Mumbai via LHR back on 15th June in PE. The JFK - LHR flight was cancelled, and VA rebooked us on Air France flights next day also in PE.

Will we get Flying Club points and miles for this flight? They haven't shown up in our account yet. I have no plans of ever flying Air France again, so only interested if we can get VA rewards for the flight.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Did you give AF your Flying Club details when you checked in?

(yes you can earn points and TPs on most, if not all, AF fares - PE certainly included)

Originally Posted by kumarshah

Will we get Flying Club points and miles for this flight? They haven't shown up in our account yet. I have no plans of ever flying Air France again, so only interested if we can get VA rewards for the flight.
jsn55 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You need to claim Original Routing Credit from VS to get the points into your VS account,
jsn55 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 7:04 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Did you give AF your Flying Club details when you checked in?

(yes you can earn points and TPs on most, if not all, AF fares - PE certainly included)
No, I did not.

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
You need to claim Original Routing Credit from VS to get the points into your VS account,
I should call VS or can I claim this online?
Old Jul 4, 2023, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I'm not so sure. The OP could also earn points and TPs based on the AF replacement flights. JFK-LHR-BOM shouldn't come out much better or worse than JFK-CDG-BOM in PE.

And since IRROPs rebookings sometimes end up in full-fare classes, there might be far more points and TPs to be earned by simply retro-crediting the AF flights to Flying Club.

FWIW the OP may also be able to claim EC261 compensation for arriving a day later.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 12:47 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Update on this:

Submitted missing miles claim and got them credited. Received more miles for this leg than we did for our trip from Delhi to Miami.

We also submitted compensation request as suggested and received total 1120 pounds compensation (560 per passenger), so are pretty happy with that.

But I would never ever fly Air France premium economy, that was the worst experience with some of the worst airline food.
Mrp Alert and haroon145 like this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
But I would never ever fly Air France premium economy, that was the worst experience with some of the worst airline food.
Great hard product on the A350, but no different than coach on the soft product,
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:06 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Great hard product on the A350, but no different than coach on the soft product,
We were on B777s, the seats themselves are nothing compared to VAs
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
We were on B777s, the seats themselves are nothing compared to VAs
I've flown that before. It's not even close on both hard & soft product.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 11:06 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I've flown that before. It's not even close on both hard & soft product.
Yup. On the flight from France to Mumbai we had options of only French Vegeterian food or Indian Vegeterian food. And for VA I had the amazing Chicken Pie pre-selected. I was so pissed, but I guess the money I got back makes up for it.
Mrp Alert likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.