Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to upper class checkin via tube?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Getting to upper class checkin via tube?

I usually take a car to the upper class check in at Heathrow. If I take the tube is there a way to get there or just use regular check in? Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:07 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
The Upper Class check in is in Terminal 3, it is a bit of a trek from the Underground station if you have luggage, but it is moving walkway / escalator most of the way.

Terminal 3 is well signposted from the Underground / Bus Station / HEX areas.

When you get to T3, the Virgin check in area is easy to spot and the Upper check in desks are to the right as you walk in.

Once you are checked in, you will be directed to the nearby private lift to take you up to the UC security channel - once you get out of the lift, you will recognise where you are from your experiences at the drive through check in.

You can't use the drive though check in unless you are arriving by car.

Nick
Britgirlnyc likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
The Upper Class check in is in Terminal 3, it is a bit of a trek from the Underground station if you have luggage, but it is moving walkway / escalator most of the way.

Terminal 3 is well signposted from the Underground / Bus Station / HEX areas.

When you get to T3, the Virgin check in area is easy to spot and the Upper check in desks are to the right as you walk in.

Once you are checked in, you will be directed to the nearby private lift to take you up to the UC security channel - once you get out of the lift, you will recognise where you are from your experiences at the drive through check in.

Nick
thank you!
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC, VAFC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Sorry to hijack this thread.

I'm flying Upper for the first time ever after 47 summers later in the year. I want to maximise the experience. Can I get an Uber or a Hackney to the Upper Class Wing? Or is it just for Virgin's Chauffeur service (which I won't be using, as it's a redemption).
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:20 am

i've used an Uber to the Upper Class Wing. The driver was just as excited as I was to use that entrance.
Britgirlnyc and CaliforniaMom like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: virgin
Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2
Sorry to hijack this thread.

I'm flying Upper for the first time ever after 47 summers later in the year. I want to maximise the experience. Can I get an Uber or a Hackney to the Upper Class Wing? Or is it just for Virgin's Chauffeur service (which I won't be using, as it's a redemption).
Pretty regular UC flyer, but personally never used the car check in. I like arriving by Tube or Train (no traffic jam risks) so always opt for that.
Once checked in at T3, be it by car or walk-up, you get to directed through the same private UC security channel (which is great) so no change there.

Enjoy the LHR Lounge, its wonderful - easily one of the best, though they seem to be diluting the product more and more with alliance flyers being let in. (and not reciprocated - try being VS Gold and getting into a Delta or AF lounge - the rules say one thing but their desks say No/ Non. I've given up arguing - leaves a bad taste)

Flight is a very good experience, enjoy it. I always go to the Revivals lounge on my return to LHR. A gentle way to regroup after an overnight flight from USA. But many prefer to get on with their journey - your call.
Britgirlnyc likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by mikelan6
i've used an Uber to the Upper Class Wing. The driver was just as excited as I was to use that entrance.
agreed, its just that some Uber drivers don't know this separate area and will insist on taking you to the regular T3 drop-off area.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It’s pretty well signposted.

also the Uber fare estimator page recognises “Virgin upper class wing” so it’s certainly in their database as a destination.

remember the LHR drop off charge still applies.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
agreed, its just that some Uber drivers don't know this separate area and will insist on taking you to the regular T3 drop-off area.
If you use Uber the Upper Class Wing actually comes up as a destination so you can book that vs T3. I’ve done this several times and it works. Happy travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.