Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-LHR menu VS020

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

SFO-LHR menu VS020

Hello ,
Does anyone here have the menu in Y for VS020? Even a sample menu is awesome. Can I get alcoholic beverages throughout the flight?
​​​​​​
Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2022, 3:53 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Sample menus are available here - https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...and-drink.html - not particularly up to date, but you will get the idea.
Yes, alcoholic beverages are available throughout the flight, but the crew will refuse to serve anyone who appears inebriated.
My own views of VS food, especially in Y / PE for the past few years, is that it is okay - no better. If they spent as much time, effort and budget
on the actual food, rather than the packaging (massive landfill waste) - it would be a lot better.
It is also apparent that food budgets are one of the post pandemic cut backs. ;-(

Nick
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:08 am
Original Poster

QUOTE=Nottingham Nick;34367686]Sample menus are available here - https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...and-drink.html - not particularly up to date, but you will get the idea.
Yes, alcoholic beverages are available throughout the flight, but the crew will refuse to serve anyone who appears inebriated.
My own views of VS food, especially in Y / PE for the past few years, is that it is okay - no better. If they spent as much time, effort and budget
on the actual food, rather than the packaging (massive landfill waste) - it would be a lot better.
It is also apparent that food budgets are one of the post pandemic cut backs. ;-(

Nick[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nick . So am I better off requesting a Special Meal? If so which one is the best?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I just came of VS20 and I found the food ridic.

To my complete surprise they still come up with a card board box and not a tray in Y as 'we need to limit interaction with you'. I mean come on - its now August 22. The chicken was ok - small portion - but the rest was to forget. Positive note - they have Stella.

I found the food is quite sub-par to what Delta served me on the way to LAX. The 'breakfast box' consisted of a pre-packed kinda brownie, some kind of cream (?) and a kind of scone. For me the breakfast was inedible.

Also we were not able to charge our phones all the way from SFO. Wasn't a very 'delight' feeling. I have tried them today and know now that VS is not for me.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: Flying Club
Originally Posted by Duck1981
I just came of VS20 and I found the food ridic.

To my complete surprise they still come up with a card board box and not a tray in Y as 'we need to limit interaction with you'. I mean come on - its now August 22. The chicken was ok - small portion - but the rest was to forget. Positive note - they have Stella.

I found the food is quite sub-par to what Delta served me on the way to LAX. The 'breakfast box' consisted of a pre-packed kinda brownie, some kind of cream (?) and a kind of scone. For me the breakfast was inedible.

Also we were not able to charge our phones all the way from SFO. Wasn't a very 'delight' feeling. I have tried them today and know now that VS is not for me.
To be fair to Virgin, all you had to do was check the website to see they currently serve all Y meals from a box, but this doesn't appear to be a Covid related issue - Virgin were one of the first airlines to return to full meal service in Upper - I think BA have still not gotten back to their full meal service.
https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...k-economy.html

I thought they were previously serving from small trays so no idea what the box is all about but can't say I'd be too bothered by it as long as the food is ok. I've never had bad food on Virgin - in any class - so maybe you were just unlucky?

How was the service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.