Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vs105/vs106 (lhr-sea)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:18 pm
AL
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold, BA Gold, United Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Gold Elite
Vs105/vs106 (lhr-sea)

Does anyone have an indication on when VS105/106 restarts? I see it in GDS for March, but I wondered if it might be earlier.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Doubt it will be earlier, but also it is a bit TBC for then. SEA and IAD ops are both due to restart later in March, but there has been no update on the routes for a while.

I’m booked in to IAD in early April and have already had it gently suggested to me by Flying Club staff that IAD (and SEA) are yet to be confirmed fully.

Unless they confirm anything in the mean time, I expect we will know more by early March at the latest, as that will be the deadline to cancel the first ops.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Bonvoy Silver; OneWorld Sapphire; Miss Traveling for Work
We're all on tenterhooks here. With the COVID operational update going up today on VAflightstore.com, I doubt we'll see much until early Feb at the earliest and likely, if anything, late Feb/early March. With tickets already selling (including to myself), there's really not much need for them to comment yet unfortunately. I'm preparing for the worst, including looking at reroutes and changing to BA, but hoping for the best.
RAPC and Speedbird84 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajlanghorn
Does anyone have an indication on when VS105/106 restarts? I see it in GDS for March, but I wondered if it might be earlier.
The route restart has repeatedly been pushed back throughout Covid and the odds are much higher they will continue to push it back rather than move it up. The most recent reduction occurred in early December when they reduced the flight schedule from daily in March to 4x weekly. DL also further pushed back the restart of their SEA-LHR flight by several weeks to March 26th back in December.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I travel to/from SEA often these days so it would be welcome to see VS resume service so I avoid taking AA/BA as I also am flying a fair share of Alaska these days in the PNW.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I travel to/from SEA often these days so it would be welcome to see VS resume service so I avoid taking AA/BA as I also am flying a fair share of Alaska these days in the PNW.
Forgive my ignorance but why would you avoid BA/AA if you’re already flying AS?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Just seen this thread and wondering if I've booked my April 2nd flight in error! (SEA-LHR). I usually fly BA but have really been disappointed with their service lately so thought I'd give VS a go. Do you think they will restart the flights mid/end of March on time?
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by jettad
Just seen this thread and wondering if I've booked my April 2nd flight in error! (SEA-LHR). I usually fly BA but have really been disappointed with their service lately so thought I'd give VS a go. Do you think they will restart the flights mid/end of March on time?
Honestly, hard to know. They are currently planned to be operating and nothing has been said to the contrary so far. We should know within the next couple of weeks whether SEA starts up as planned in early March. If it does, then there shouldn't be any issue.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Thanks RAPC. I guess it's just best to wait and see.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:41 pm

Just bringing this to the top. Tomorrow equals 2 weeks mark for the first SEA-LHR flight. Note that this does not equate to full schedule as planned in April, but should be a good first indicator for ability to bring SEA and IAD back on line.

jettad I’m on the 2 April flight as well and watching closely. I need some indicator to be able to go from the free reservations at some locations to purchasing tickets (already purchased tickets for Harry Potter tour since that’s an early sell out), etc before they sell out. . I’m considering somewhere between wheels up on March 2nd and March 19 as the “Go” date for West End seats, etc.
RAPC likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'm on April 5 out of IAD. Hoping it holds because pricing for PE has gotten crazy high on UA and BA - and I'll have no choice but to book one of them if this cancels.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:11 pm

Should be a Virgin Atlantic operational update tomorrow, as it normally comes out on a Thursday. Will see what that brings, if anything. Hopefully nothing!
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:23 pm

I booked a flight for early June for SFO - SEA - LHR because it was half the cost of flying upper direct from SFO to LHR. If the SEA-LHR leg gets cancelled will I get rerouted to the direct route SFO- LHR?
I'm not worried about the return because I was able to get a the same price with a direct flight from LHR to SFO.
Even if it isn't cancelled, I'm a little worried because my layover at SEA is only 1hr, is that enough time to get from where ever Delta disembarks to where I get on the Virgin leg of the route?
I booked the whole trip with Virgin if that makes any difference.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:47 pm

1. Yes, they should provide alternate routing. It may be on SFO-LHR depending on expected load.
2. Seattle is a pretty compact airport. You’ll be flying into concourse a or b. If all things go according to plan, you should be able to get from your arriving flight to S terminals in time. Now, you’re flying out of SFO in June, so you’ve the fog. That’d be my one worry. I’d consider going on an earlier flight SFO-SEA if it’s not cost prohibitive. The Delta lounge at Concourse A is fabulous to waste an hour (not up to international lounge standards, but for us domestic types….)
Ms.O likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:35 am

Travel update has been posted. Looks like SEA and IAD confirmed for the summer, but both at 5 days per week, rather than daily.

IAD isn't operating Friday and Monday by the look of it, as it has been updated online already.
SEA is currently still being sold as daily, so not sure on which two days will be removed

Will post the main update as a new thread after this.
jettad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.