Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match 2022: When Does Offer End?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Status Match 2022: When Does Offer End?

Hi all! Just saw there's a new opportunity to status match to Virgin Atlantic Gold status (for the Clubhouse lounges). Does anyone know if this offer expires at some point? (I only see a date of status extensions ending in March 2022, but nothing on how long the matches are being offered for)
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Details can be found here - https://flywith.virginatlantic.com/g...tus-match.html

At the moment, it looks like an open ended offer, but of course in that case, they can pull the promotion any time they like.

Nick
Old Jan 6, 2022, 3:48 am

I can confirm that they now wish you to hold an upcoming revenue booking for the purpose of matching, and an award reservation is no longer suffice (this was the case for a period last year).
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences with a VS status match? I'm interested in how long it takes for them to give a response.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Any recent experiences with a VS status match? I'm interested in how long it takes for them to give a response.
Requested a match for a family member who was BA silver and had an upcoming booking with VS. Matched successfully to VS Silver in 2 working days!
Old May 9, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)

Has anyone been successful with submitting a status match recently?

I've been attempting to match from Qantas but when I try to submit I see this message (obviously outdated as it refers to it being "nearly Easter"):
Sorry, you’ve caught us on the hop, and not just because it’s nearly Easter. While we’re doing some important spring cleaning behind the scenes, you won’t be able to request status match. Please keep checking back for further updates.

My booking is for July so have a bit of time to get it sorted, but concerned that the offer has been ended or in the process of being ended?
Old May 9, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonAussie

Has anyone been successful with submitting a status match recently?

I've been attempting to match from Qantas but when I try to submit I see this message (obviously outdated as it refers to it being "nearly Easter"):

My booking is for July so have a bit of time to get it sorted, but concerned that the offer has been ended or in the process of being ended?
I submitted the form early last week and got a response within a few days.
Old May 10, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Thanks - looks like I was a week too late.

I received a response this morning: "Thank you for your interest in our status match, however we no longer offer a status match with Qantas"

Now the fun will be to try and cancel/refund these flights and rebook my trip on oneworld.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Has anyone who has been successfully matched been told that their status won't be upgraded until taking the first flight?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Has anyone who has been successfully matched been told that their status won't be upgraded until taking the first flight?
It doesn't kick in until shortly before the first flight (/the flight you use to apply for the match).
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by coleslaw
It doesn't kick in until shortly before the first flight (/the flight you use to apply for the match).
That's not what the terms say:

ccz likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by danger
That's not what the terms say:

That may be the case... but it is what happens in reality.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:58 am
ccz

Does anyone know how close to the flight the status match goes through? I had email confirmation that my status match was confirmed in July, and assumed it might have gone through on August 1st as my flight is in a couple of weeks and the email said I would receive the match just before the flight. Anyone know what virgin constitutes as just before?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ccz
Does anyone know how close to the flight the status match goes through? I had email confirmation that my status match was confirmed in July, and assumed it might have gone through on August 1st as my flight is in a couple of weeks and the email said I would receive the match just before the flight. Anyone know what virgin constitutes as just before?
For me, it was 5 days (or several months later than the terms I agreed to).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.