Wiki Posts
Search

VS/BA - Status Match Clubhouse Voucher

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
VS/BA - Status Match Clubhouse Voucher

Having completed my BA to VS status match back in February - they’ve been silent about the promised Clubhouse lounge passes for those becoming VS Silver.

I saw recently on a blog - they they hadn’t forgotten about these vouchers but were just working out a format for them. Chasing it up with VS myself and have had this through:

‘We are only aware of a rumour regarding the Clubhouse passes that was circulating on social media, however this offer was never confirmed by Virgin Atlantic. So we can look into this further for you, are you able to send a copy of the correspondence sent by us detailing the offer?’

Now I’m sure the offer didn’t come out of anywhere and was well covered by bloggers, which no doubt came off the back of a VS briefing.

Shocking if it really is the case that VS is backtracking on this.. though I guess shouldn’t be surprised with the way they treat customers.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:45 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Can you reference any of the bloggers that covered the offer?

Was it ever promoted on the VS website?

What made you take the challenge? There must have been something tangible to make you take the status match.

It is not something I am familiar with, but if they have offered passes, hen they should honour the promise.

Nick
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Alas, this sounds to me like a "I read it on the internet so it must be true" situation. Easy to do these days. I always make notes of news like this from the bloggers, then verify it at the source ... if I can. Yesterday I read that United had extended all FFCs to the end of 2022, a subject close to my heart because I have thousands tied up at United. So I had a look at my Mileage Plus account and there it was in black & white. Now that I think about it, I should take a screenshot, shouldn't I? When it comes to your info on Virgin, you should be able to do searches on your favorite bloggers' sites to see what they said.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Pleaae can you post links to some of these blogs?
Old Sep 7, 2021, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
It was a very publicised benefit of taking part in the status match:

- https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/0...-status-match/
- https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...-status-match/
-
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:37 am

I was matched last year on the condition I booked a flight. The status would kick in at the start of the month the flight was booked, which was November.

The flight was cancelled and I’m rebooked for the summer. No sign of that promised status though. I’m assuming that it will kick in at the start of June, which is the month I’m taking the flight.

It would be helpful if anyone could share any experience of this.

Palmer
Old May 3, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Palmer, I would chase it up. I was promised a status match starting in the month of my flight, and had to chase it up twice between May 1 and today May 3 before it actually happened.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by pianoamit
Palmer, I would chase it up. I was promised a status match starting in the month of my flight, and had to chase it up twice between May 1 and today May 3 before it actually happened.
Once matched, have you found it actioned correctly? Despite showing ‘in app’ as Gold from a , I showed as my previous status of Silver at every point during travel last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.