Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

VS172 Antigua - London - Self Isolation? as flight originates Tobago

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2020, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean

Would self quarantine apply on return on this flight back to Heathrow? The Virgin flight originates I understand in Tobago ( which currently is not in the current safe UK corridor list ) and then makes a stop in Antigua to pick up remaining passengers before the transatlantic flight back to UK,

My interpretation of the GOV UK rules is that self quarantine rules would not apply as it it transiting a safe corridor country, But it is vague I think.

We hope to go to Antigua immediately after the UK Dec lockdown finishes and return before Xmas.

Naturally we are making plans with our extended Family about Xmas / New Year within the UK ( keeping in Rule of 6 as is ) so it would be nice to know what definitive position is.

Should I ask Virgin Atalntic?

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Ask anyone and everyone

Go ahead, ask. But nobody will know exactly until you present yourself to the first barrier. The answer will depend on who's in charge at that particular moment. Governments and politicians are having a field day controlling everyone's lives, so you never know what they'll do next. I'd just not bother, plan something that doesn't involve crossing borders.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:56 am

the answer is pretty plain to me. but we all interpret things differently. you will not have to quarentine on arrival in the UK because you're travelling from Antigua which is (currently) a travel corridor country.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Aegean
Answer from Virgin - is no self isolation on return UK

Great News for us & can now hope assuming UK Lockdown rule changes to Xmas/NY with my Family& new Grandaughter!

Thanks !

Steve
RAPC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.