Wiki Posts
Search

Question Re Fare Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Question Re Fare Price Increase

Hello

I was looking at an indirect flight yesterday from London to Orlando via Atlanta and return from Orlando to London via Miami. Timeline was outward on 11 Feb 2021 with return from US on 21 Feb and class was Upper (or Delta One if code share)

Any reason why overnight this Z class fare has suddenly increased significantly in cost.
Load check shows no change in availability

For a family of 3 it is suddenly now £2.5k more expensive in total and it still shows as a Z class fare

Appreciate any advice
Old May 19, 2020, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Try pricing it for a party of 2 and then a party of 1. Chances are that there were 3 seats at the price you were looking at and someone bought one, two or three of them. Depending on how many that other person purchased, you may still be able to purchase one at the old price.

If not, just wait. 2021 is the distant future and I would not expect fares and schedules to stabilize until November.
jsn55 likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 12:21 pm

Those dates are half term week so prices are likely to be volatile then, including due to availability as Often1 says.
jsn55 likes this.
Old May 19, 2020, 12:34 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Seems like short-term fare bargains

Originally Posted by gmgohara
Hello

I was looking at an indirect flight yesterday from London to Orlando via Atlanta and return from Orlando to London via Miami. Timeline was outward on 11 Feb 2021 with return from US on 21 Feb and class was Upper (or Delta One if code share)

Any reason why overnight this Z class fare has suddenly increased significantly in cost.
Load check shows no change in availability

For a family of 3 it is suddenly now £2.5k more expensive in total and it still shows as a Z class fare

Appreciate any advice
I signed up for biz/first class alerts from Dollar Flight Club a few months ago. I see that there are often incredible fares to Europe that we are warned won't last long. One morning I booked United/Lufthansa SFO-Frankfurt up front at $2100 each for a cruise over Christmas 2020. I think that my strategy going forward is to figure out exactly what we want, wait for the fare and pounce on it immediately. I love this.
Old May 19, 2020, 12:49 pm

You didn’t ask for it but I’ll give my opinion anyways. I’d much rather fly direct in economy than stop in MIA and fly business. The only airline I know of that flies MCO-MIA is AA which are terrible at MCO, you may as well have backup plans for when your flight is delayed and they lose your bags.

ATL would be with DL and really isn’t that bad, hour hop to ATL and then connecting there is simple. The only downside is they’re not usually the cheapest, but the product is great.

VS economy really isn’t that bad at all, especially if they start flying the A350 to MCO. If you can save $2k per person and not connect it’s a win in my book.
Old May 20, 2020, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Those dates are half term week so prices are likely to be volatile then, including due to availability as Often1 says.
Surely half term isn't engraved in stone, considering nobody knows when schools will re-open and under what conditions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.