Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Virgin Airmiles - What is best to do in present situation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: craigthemif
Flying Club is NOT owned by Virgin Atlantic the airline.

Flying Club is owned 51% by the Virgin Group (i.e. Sir Richard Branson's holding company) and 49% by Delta Airlines.

VS going into administration does NOT automatically mean the end of Flying Club!
Print Wikipost

Virgin Airmiles - What is best to do in present situation?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Acid
Any experience with miles expiry? I got an email this week saying they have pushed out expiry of FC miles for 6 months but my account still shows June 2020 expiry.
Maybe not actioned yet

Any Flying Club member with miles due to expire between April and September 2020 will now be extended by a full six months
Old May 19, 2020, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Acid
Any experience with miles expiry? I got an email this week saying they have pushed out expiry of FC miles for 6 months but my account still shows June 2020 expiry.
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Maybe not actioned yet

Any Flying Club member with miles due to expire between April and September 2020 will now be extended by a full six months
Even if expiry is pushed 6 months into the future, you still need to come up with some activity whilst very little travel is happening. Just buy the minimum miles now, convert the minimum credit card points, whatever you need to do to stay active and get another 3 years. It's not hard...
Old May 19, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Even if expiry is pushed 6 months into the future, you still need to come up with some activity whilst very little travel is happening. Just buy the minimum miles now, convert the minimum credit card points, whatever you need to do to stay active and get another 3 years. It's not hard...
Yes, the plan was to transfer some Amex/Citi points over or move all VS miles(about 30k, so not much here) to HH - but if the extension worked, I could just snooze on this decision.
Old May 19, 2020, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Daily Mail is here to help :-)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...iles-wine.html

(Disclaimer: I am quoted here)
Old May 20, 2020, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Daily Mail is here to help :-)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...iles-wine.html

(Disclaimer: I am quoted here)
One upside of the Daily Fail in situations like this... is that they will let you basically write the entire article for them, so at least it's reasonably accurate.
Old May 30, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
You're telling me all those bloggers making their income off of affiliate links on credit cards are lying to me?
I think that people underestimate the value of "playing the points and miles" game. It's entertaining and great fun when you "win".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.