Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Are VS currently paying out on agreed refunds ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are VS currently paying out on agreed refunds ?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Still not true however; I mean we all know it’s down to them wanting to hold on to the money - but I was told by an agent it was because 2/3 of the team were on furlough - hence delays in waiting for refunds and call times being over an hour.
Indeed. Either the "we have received your claim" emails are automatic, and should be received within minutes of requesting the confirmation OR they are manual in which case the refund could actually have been processed in the same time it took to send the email...

VS just need the interest free loans. Something I'm relatively sympathetic to as long as I eventually get my money. After all, my bank is paying me zero interest on balances anyhow...
Old May 31, 2020, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Indeed. Either the "we have received your claim" emails are automatic, and should be received within minutes of requesting the confirmation OR they are manual in which case the refund could actually have been processed in the same time it took to send the email...

VS just need the interest free loans. Something I'm relatively sympathetic to as long as I eventually get my money. After all, my bank is paying me zero interest on balances anyhow...
Agreed. I'm sympathetic to a point; however not keen on being lied to about why they are holding on to the money. Think if VS were upfront and open about it; offering refunds or a chance to keep money in the company - people would be much more willing to support the airline. It's the excuses and lack of any communication which is winding people up and for me personally means (and I'm sure not alone) I won't be travelling with VS in future; also harming their longer term recovery from C19.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:13 am

An update, if of use, on my situation. Have posted a couple of times on this thread.

Spoke to VS via Whatsapp mid-April (I had flights to Seattle on April 14). Told refund approved and would hear within 20 days. Allowed for 30 in case it was an error and still no email, so contacted Amex on May 27 to start a chargeback. That took 15 minutes of them asking if I had spoken to the merchant and various attempts to deter me. Anyway, they relented and started the process. I have only just received confirmation from Amex this morning (at 3am!) in which they asked for any proof of refund being granted, so I sent them a screenshot of the conversation I had with VS. Will see how they respond to that.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:11 pm

Ok, within seven hours of me posting my update on here and on the same day Amex said they had opened my case I got an email from VS saying:"This is to confirm that we have received your refund application.

During these unprecedented times we are experiencing extremely high volumes. Please rest assured we have received your refund application and are working hard to bring this to a resolution as quickly as possible.

The health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our highest priority. We are working closely with the UK Government and health organizations to ensure we’re following the very latest advice. This, in turn, has had an impact to our staffing levels and therefore we are currently unable to advise a timeframe for completion.

We endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible and thank you for your continued patience and support .

Kindest Regards
Refunds Department "
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FrustratedUK
Ok, within seven hours of me posting my update on here and on the same day Amex said they had opened my case I got an email from VS saying:"This is to confirm that we have received your refund application.

During these unprecedented times we are experiencing extremely high volumes. Please rest assured we have received your refund application and are working hard to bring this to a resolution as quickly as possible.

The health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our highest priority. We are working closely with the UK Government and health organizations to ensure we’re following the very latest advice. This, in turn, has had an impact to our staffing levels and therefore we are currently unable to advise a timeframe for completion.

We endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible and thank you for your continued patience and support .

Kindest Regards
Refunds Department "
What does that mean? Is Amex now closing the case? I wouldn't allow them to do so until you have received the refund. Are you UK based?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:08 pm

No, I was just commenting on the coincidence. I'm not letting them off the hook - I intend to pursue my chargeback. I'm in the UK, so if Amex don't play ball I will pursue both of them though a Section 75 claim.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:38 pm
Suspended

No, I was just commenting on the coincidence. I'm not letting them off the hook - I intend to pursue my chargeback. I'm in the UK, so if Amex don't play ball I will pursue both of them though a Section 75 claim.
Can you also put a claim in via the financial omnibus? I've been out of the UK for 8 years so forgive me, what is a section 75 claim?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by londonba2014
I cancelled early April; but still haven’t had any written confirmation of the refund being processed - anyone else had this?
I asked for a refund on April 14 for a cancelled flight and didn't get any communication from them until today when I received the "We Have Received Your Claim" email others have mentioned.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by SgtRyan
Can you also put a claim in via the financial omnibus? I've been out of the UK for 8 years so forgive me, what is a section 75 claim?
A Section 75 claim means you are holding the merchant AND the card provider liable.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...our-purchases/

Also received word from Amex this morning that they had credited my account with the money owed!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:27 am
Suspended

A Section 75 claim means you are holding the merchant AND the card provider liable.

Also received word from Amex this morning that they had credited my account with the money owed!
Good for you. Glad it worked out.
FrustratedUK likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 7:55 am

All credit to you for your good-sensed perseverance and resilience
FrustratedUK likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:22 am

yes, it should not be so difficult. We had 5 biz class tickets leaving this Thursday for a two week trip to Japan. (PDX>YVR>NRT>HND>SFO) for ~$1300 r/t each, purchased back in Sep 2019. Was a great deal so we jumped on it and got tickets via Priceline. Of course Covid19 put a wrench in all this, but would you believe about 8 weeks ago got email from Priceline that one of the legs was CNX (Alaska Airlines, PDX > YVR) and given option to cancel the trip and refund money back to Credit Card or allow JAL / Priceline to hold money. We obviously choose money back and on 31 May, all the funds were applied back to the original credit card. This was BEFORE trip ever was going to begin.
Am still waiting for VS to get back funds from a trip was scheduled in March 2020 that they cnx.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:40 am

Have been waiting since middle of March for the refund of taxes on an award ticket... so about 12 weeks now - I know they’ve had IT issues lately... but that’s quite a while!
Old Jun 8, 2020, 8:53 am

Finally some light at the end of the tunnel... My cancellation email from March 12th (the one which goes "We Have Received Your Claim...") finally got a follow up which shows the amount to be refunded. First of many refunds for me!
travellingjake likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by i_gtgo
Finally some light at the end of the tunnel... My cancellation email from March 12th (the one which goes "We Have Received Your Claim...") finally got a follow up which shows the amount to be refunded. First of many refunds for me!
I got my refund acknowledgment (1 of 6) on 9 April so I’m a good month behind you. The other 5 refunds will be way off, haven’t even had the acknowledgment for these yet (cancelled 30 April via Messenger).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.