Wiki Posts
Search

premium economy question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:55 am
Original Poster

premium economy question

Hiya,

I don't have any status with Virgin (normally fly BA) but am going PE to LAS in June. 787-9

I'm super suprised to see there are only seats in the middle block of 3 avialable to me. is this normal? I really doubt all the seats are already booked!? None of the 2 on the side in any row are availble!

any thoughts or advice?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bigRW

any thoughts or advice?
Keep checking...

It may seem odd that only the middle block is available. But it would also be strange for couples to choose seats in the middle block instead of a window/aisle combo. Vegas is definitely not a family destination for most...
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I counted 35 seats in the PE cabin on the 787 with all the window seats being 2 seats and the middle 3 seats across

Vegas is a popular destination and PE seats are free of charge to book and so yes i would say it's perfectly possible for all the seat A-C and H-K pairs to be taken

And given the front row are also basinette seats those seats could be blocked off for any bookings with young babies and will be released close the flight day if there are no babies needing them.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bigRW
Hiya,

I don't have any status with Virgin (normally fly BA) but am going PE to LAS in June. 787-9

I'm super suprised to see there are only seats in the middle block of 3 avialable to me. is this normal? I really doubt all the seats are already booked!? None of the 2 on the side in any row are availble!

any thoughts or advice?
When I run into this kind of annoying challenge, I just let things rest for a day or two. I do know that Virgin Holidays used to fly planeloads of people into Vegas on packages ... no idea if that's still going on but it might explain the paucity of good seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.