Wiki Posts
Search

A330-200 Premium Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2020, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PLAT, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
A330-200 Premium Seat Selection

I've searched and searched on the topic of a best Premium seat for ATL to MAN it's the overnight flight on the ex BerlinAir. I like the idea of 14A, but I'm not sure if the galley light will be bothersome? Does anyone have personal preferences? Also, has anyone gotten an upgrade offer to UC on this route, if so what was the cost?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:55 am

Not an experience on Virgin, but Norwegian. My son and I got an upgrade via auction from Seattle to London, and didn't get to pick the seats. We got back row in premium, and the good thing was there was space to recline and nobody to recline into. Our upcoming trip to Barbados on the A330-200 we have selected back row window and aisle. Based on my wife's research and my experience above.

As to upgrades. Not an expert here, but we purchased the tickets and are fare class S. We don't have any status with the airline so don't expect anything other than to sit in the seats we paid for. But there is the faint, distant hope that if they oversell coach and want to bump up someone from there, we will get bumped up as it's a full fare. If you want an upgrade to FC, then I'd suggest looking for upgrades on a regular basis as they do vary in price - that's how we got our outwards upgrade from cattle truck to premium. Waited till the price went to somewhere near what we wanted to pay. But upgrading at the airport - who knows. If they have a need to bump up premium, and they have space there then you might get a good value upgrade, you might not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.