Wiki Posts
Search

Relationship between VS and OU??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Relationship between VS and OU??

Maybe a silly question, but: recently looking a multi-city itinerary on Google Flights with VS inbound/outbound flights and an OU connection to SPU and from DBV. I can't book it online but Google Flights advises me to call VS to book and quotes a price. How does this work exactly, given that there's no codeshare agreement or partnership of any kind (as far as I can tell) between VS and Croatia? How does Google market them together, and how will VS ticket it? OU is *A, and VS is closer to SkyTeam if anything.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does OU interline with VS?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does OU interline with VS?
Actually, according to this old thread from 2013, they do -- thanks for the heads up!

Virgin Codesharing/Interline/Ticketing Partners in Europe?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Ok, well, here's an interesting wrinkle -- I called VS to price the itinerary and they said they couldn't build it for me. The phone rep said there was no interline agreement with OU. So I HUCA and the second guy says the same thing. Can't even quote me a price.

Interestingly, Expedia can put the itinerary together for me, but when I get to their checkout page, they quote >2k higher than Google Flights quotes.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
A travel agent putting a booking together doesn't automatically mean an interline agreement is in place, it just means all of your information is stored in one PNR. If you did that, you'd likely find out at the airport what restrictions are in place in regards to allowances/rules on each carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.