Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why No Shopping Site Credit?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Why No Shopping Site Credit?

I have miles expiring soon. I made not one but 2 purchases through the Flying Club shopping mall to Shops Away to extend my miles. Last one was Walmart at least 30 days ago. Flying Club did not update. Did I expect too much?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
you need to check the T&Cs for each retailer as to when miles will hit your account.

They often aren't instantaneous and can take several weeks to credit.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm not sure if it's still running, but you used to get 250 free miles quite quickly for downloading the Shops Away toolbar.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
I transferred 1,000 AMEX points and got an instant extension..
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:03 am

Shopping portals can be hit and miss on what they track and when they track it. I would not rely on shopping portals unless I was many months out from expiration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.