Wiki Posts
Search

LHR slots

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

LHR slots

where is VS getting it’s LHR slots from? Just recently they’ve increased JNB to 2x, added São Paulo, added Tel Aviv, and moved Vegas from LGW to LHR.

theyve only cut DXB.

Where ste these sllts coming from?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
They have a couple that they have leased out and are reclaiming.

Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So happy when I saw this thread title.

So disappointed when I found out it was about those types of slots.
RAPC, Lewis42 and CommanderB like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat
vs gave the slots that were returned from cobalt to flybe for service to guernsey. that service is ending the end of october, which is when the bom service is starting. im guessing this is where that slot is heading. the flight times don't match but i guess vs can move flights around
Old May 21, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
They did not 'give' them to flybe. They rented them back out (after a complicated court cases following the Cobalt collapse). No one gives a slot to anyone at LHR. There is always money attached. And the slot allocation fro Guernsey to LHR and back was just a temporary arrangement assisted by a subsidy from the Guernsey Government for the summer season.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
They did not 'give' them to flybe. They rented them back out (after a complicated court cases following the Cobalt collapse). No one gives a slot to anyone at LHR. There is always money attached. And the slot allocation fro Guernsey to LHR and back was just a temporary arrangement assisted by a subsidy from the Guernsey Government for the summer season.
didnt mean given away for free, wrote it quickly
Old May 22, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It could be one of the 3 EY slots from Jet. They were not keen to get them back, hence Air Serbia getting one. EY has not said what happens to the 2 extra slots after 26 October - why roster 2 extra flights over the quiet Summer months but not open up booking into the Winter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.