Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

O class fares - seat selection prior to checking in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Hi all
​​​​​​I'm looking at booking a flight with Virgin Atlantic to JFK. Fares are much cheaper through an OTA such as Expedia.

The cheapest fare includes a checked bag, which according to Virgins website, is only available with Economy Classic and higher fares. These fares also include a free standard seat selection as soon as you book.

Does this also apply to these cheaper OTA bookings? Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: VS Gold
And O class should be fine for a checked bag and seat selection as this falls under Economy Classic rather than Economy Light.

I suppose the only thing I would suggest is to make certain that the booking doesn't say Economy Light/Basic, etc before you buy :-)
smccflyer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:32 am

My Virgin Holidays booking to Vegas is shoeing an O fare. Booked seats instantly (paid extra for front Bubble econ seats)
smccflyer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much! They were indeed O fares, Economy Classic. Only cost €250 return from Cork to NYC return!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.